The Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (3-6) will attempt to end their five-game road losing streak in a matchup against the Auburn Tigers (6-1) at Auburn Arena. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs at Auburn Tigers Betting Preview
The Runnin’ Bulldogs dismantled the USC Upstate Spartans in their last outing, 87-66. With 13 points and 14 rebounds, Patrick Zeck had a good outing for Gardner-Webb. Gardner-Webb dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 (above their season average of 26.1) and a free throw rate of 0.442 (above their season average of 0.151). For those same stats, USC Upstate put up marks of 13.9 and 0.179, respectively.
The last time the Tigers played, they beat the George Mason Patriots, 79-63. With 19 points on 6-for-13 shooting, Mustapha Heron was the top scorer from either team. Auburn played a flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.311 (above their season average of 0.302) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.2 (above their season average of 35.7). George Mason was 0.150 and 23.1, respectively, for those same stats.
There could be plenty of transition action in this matchup that showcases two of the nation’s more up-and-down teams. Auburn ranks 21st in possessions per game (75.1) and Gardner-Webb is 19th (72.5) since last season.
Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs vs. Auburn Tigers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Auburn, ATS Winner – Auburn, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs average 38.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 66th in the nation. The Tigers rank 266th in rebounds allowed per game (37.6).
- Auburn averages 13.6 assists per game, which ranks 157th in the nation. Gardner-Webb ranks 285th in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- Auburn ranks 20th in blocks per game (5.3) while Gardner-Webb ranks 277th (3.2).
- The Tigers average 24.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 51st in the nation. The Runnin’ Bulldogs rank 305th in three pointers allowed per game (21.5).
- Auburn averages 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 54th in the nation. Gardner-Webb ranks 272nd in steals allowed per game (7.0).