The 25th-ranked Furman Paladins (9-0) hope to remain unbeaten when they square off against the USC Upstate Spartans (2-7) at G.B. Hodge Center. Action starts at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 8, 2018.
Furman Paladins at USC Upstate Spartans Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Spartans were beaten by the South Carolina Gamecocks, 65-52, while the Paladins had no trouble getting past the Bob Jones University Bruins, 102-48.
Furman played a perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 3.7 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.4. Bob Jones University was 29.2 and 17.2, respectively, for those same stats. USC Upstate, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.388 vs. 0.328). Malik Moore had a good outing for USC Upstate, recording 16 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Matt Rafferty played a key role for Furman with 24 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
USC Upstate might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they go head-to-head against one of the country’s best defenses. Since the 2017-18 season, Furman ranks 23rd in defensive efficiency while the Spartans rank 342nd in offensive efficiency.
Furman vs. USC Upstate ATS Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – USC Upstate, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Furman ranks 29th in rebounds per game (36.0) while USC Upstate ranks 274th in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).
- The Paladins rank sixth in assists per game (16.4) while the Spartans rank 144th (13.9).
- Furman ranks 70th in blocks per game (2.6) while USC Upstate ranks 132nd in blocks allowed per game (2.6).
- The Spartans average 28.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 49th in the country. The Paladins rank 273rd in three pointers allowed per game (22.3).
- Furman averages 8.2 steals per game, which ranks 10th in the NCAA. USC Upstate ranks 230th in steals allowed per game (5.5).