The Northeastern Huskies (2-3) and the Furman Paladins (3-2) battle at Nashville Municipal Auditorium. Tip-off is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017.
Furman Paladins vs. Northeastern Huskies Betting Preview
In the Paladins last outing, they defeated the New Hampshire Wildcats, 78-64. Devin Sibley led Furman in scoring with 20 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Furman played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 16.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.523 (above their season average of 0.518). For those same stats, New Hampshire was 17.5 and 0.436, respectively.
The Huskies are trying to rebound after their 71-67 loss to the Utah State Aggies in their last game. Vasa Pusica was the top scorer from either team with 27 points on 9-for-12 shooting. Utah State had a free throw rate of 0.413 (above their season average of 0.262). Northeastern, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.620 (above their season average of 0.476).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NCAAs slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Northeastern ranks 284th in possessions per game (67.6) and Furman is 286th (67.5) since last season. Furthermore, the Paladins rank 24th in effective field goal percentage (0.550), while the Huskies rank 254th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.517).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games including Furman have finished over 66.7 percent of the time, while 100.0 percent of Northeastern games have finished under. The Paladins hold a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 3-2 SU and 1-2 ATS, while the Huskies are 2-3 SU and 0-2 ATS.
Furman Paladins vs. Northeastern Huskies Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Furman, ATS Winner – Furman, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Paladins rank 62nd in steals per game (7.1) while the Huskies rank 131st in steals allowed per game (6.0).
- Furman ranks 40th in rebounds allowed per game (32.4) while Northeastern ranks 94th (33.8).
- Northeastern ranks 72nd in three pointers attempted per game (23.7) while Furman ranks 223rd in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).
- The Huskies rank 129th in blocks per game (3.5) while the Paladins rank 267th (2.2).
- Furman ranks 83rd in assists per game (14.9) while Northeastern ranks 169th in assists allowed per game (13.3).