The New Hampshire Wildcats (1-3) and the Furman Paladins (2-2) battle at Nashville Municipal Auditorium. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017.
Furman Paladins vs. New Hampshire Wildcats Free Preview
The Paladins got blown out by the No. 1 Duke Blue Devils in their last contest, 92-63. Furmans John Davis III had a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Dukes 0.141 free throw rate was their biggest strength over Furman, who had a rate of 0.063. The Blue Devils mark was below their season average of 0.204, while the Paladins was below their season average of 0.206.
In the Wildcats last matchup, they were dismantled by the American University Eagles, 74-70. Iba Camara led New Hampshire in scoring with 20 points on 6-for-9 shooting. American University had a turnover percentage of 11.9 (better than their season average of 23.1). New Hampshire, meanwhile, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (29-40; 72.5 percent).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the nations slowest-paced teams clash. New Hampshire ranks 291st in possessions per game (67.4) and Furman is 289th (67.4) since the 2016-17 season. Also, the Paladins, who rank 285th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.218), could struggle to get to the line against the Wildcats, who rank 27th in opponents FTA rate (0.192).
Furman Paladins vs. New Hampshire Wildcats ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – New Hampshire, ATS Winner – New Hampshire, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats average 23.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 87th in the NCAA. The Paladins rank 219th in three pointers allowed per game (22.3).
- Furman ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while New Hampshire ranks 77th (3.0).
- Furman ranks 66th in steals per game (7.1) while New Hampshire ranks 300th (4.1).
- The Wildcats rank 43rd in rebounds per game (38.6) while the Paladins rank 228th (34.8).
- Furman ranks 87th in assists per game (14.8) while New Hampshire ranks 233rd (12.3).