The Butler Bulldogs (2-1) welcome the Furman Paladins (2-0) in a matchup that pits sensational offense against superb defense. Butler is an 11-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 147.5 points. Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Furman Paladins at Butler Bulldogs ATS Preview
In the Paladins last matchup, they were victorious over the Elon Phoenix, 76-67. With 20 points and six rebounds, Furmans John Davis III put together a solid outing. The Paladins had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.6 vs. 20.0) and had a much better turnover percentage (13.0 vs. 20.8).
The Bulldogs are trying to rebound after their 79-65 loss to the Maryland Terrapins in their last contest. With 15 points, Butlers Kamar Baldwin had a solid outing. Maryland had a much better free throw rate (0.340 vs. 0.164). Butler, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (12.2 vs. 25.9).
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the high-powered offense of Butler takes on the top-notch defense of Furman. Dating back to last season, the Bulldogs rank 26th in offensive efficiency, while the Paladins are 40th in defensive efficiency.
Since last season, the Paladins have had records of 23-11 straight up (SU) and 18-9 against the spread (ATS). Furman games have gone over the projected point total 59.3 percent of the time since last season.
Meanwhile, the Bulldogs, are 25-9 SU and 20-14 ATS since last season. Butlers games have had a slight tendency to finish under the projected point total over that same period (47.1 percent).
Furman Paladins at Butler Bulldogs Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Butler, ATS Winner – Butler, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 196th in blocks per game (2.9) while the Paladins rank 249th (2.3).
- Butler is 19th in the nation with 10.8 assists allowed per game while Furman is 57th with 11.7 assists allowed per game.
- Butler ranks 105th in three pointers allowed per game (20.2) while Furman ranks 226th (22.4).
- The Paladins rank 201st in rebounds per game (35.1) while the Bulldogs rank 300th (32.1).
- Butler ranks 37th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Furman ranks 112th (5.9).