The Utah State Aggies (26-6, 16-3 MWC) will be in the Mountain West Conference Tournament at Thomas & Mack Center when they meet the Fresno State Bulldogs (23-8, 14-5 MWC). The game starts at 11:30 p.m. ET on Friday, March 15, 2019, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
Fresno State Bulldogs vs. Utah State Aggies Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Aggies were victorious over the New Mexico Lobos 91-83, while the Bulldogs dismantled the Air Force Falcons 76-50.
Fresno State played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.3 (better than their season average of 16.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.590 (above their season average of 0.547). Air Force had marks of 24.9 and 0.429, respectively, for those same stats. The Aggies, meanwhile, made 35 of their 45 free throws (77.8 percent) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.4 (above their season average of 31.7). Utah State’s Sam Merrill had a solid performance, putting up 23 points and nine assists. Fresno State received a boost from Deshon Taylor, who recorded 18 points, 10 assists and five rebounds.
The Bulldogs’ Deshon Taylor has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 26 points,6.2 assists per game. Meanwhile, Sam Merrill has averaged 26 points,6.2 rebounds during that same time frame for the Aggies.
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the productive offense of Utah State (27th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 113.8) takes on the top-notch defense of Fresno State (50th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 97.1).
Fresno State vs. Utah State ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Utah State, ATS Winner – Utah State, O/U – Over
- Fresno State ranks 16th in three pointers attempted per game (28.1) while Utah State ranks 176th (21.9).
- The Aggies rank 10th in assists per game (17.3) while the Bulldogs rank 84th (14.4).
- Fresno State averages 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 64th in the NCAA. Utah State ranks 109th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- The Aggies rank 12th in rebounds per game (40.2) while the Bulldogs rank 132nd (35.9).
- Utah State averages 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 40th in the NCAA. Fresno State ranks 114th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 84.0 points per game (4.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (8.7 above their season average).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.6, up from 10.0 for the season.