The Fresno State Bulldogs (19-8, 9-5 MWC) travel to UNLV to play the Runnin’ Rebels (19-8, 8-6 MWC) in what should be a high-scoring game. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 155 points with UNLV set as a 1-point favorite. Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 21, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Fresno State Bulldogs at UNLV Runnin’ Rebels Free Preview
The Bulldogs had no trouble getting past the Colorado State Rams in their last contest, 86-65. Bryson Williams was the games high scorer with 19 points on 8-for-15 shooting. Fresno State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 15.2) and a free throw rate of 0.172 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Colorado State was 16.2 and 0.133, respectively.
In the Runnin’ Rebels last matchup, they were thoroughly outplayed by the San Diego State Aztecs, 94-56. Jovan Mooring led UNLV in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-12 shooting. San Diego State had a turnover percentage of 10.5 (better than their season average of 15.2). UNLV, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (10-13; 76.9 percent).
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as a pair of the nations best offenses square off. UNLV currently ranks 43rd with 113.1 points per 100 possessions and Fresno State is 25th (115.6).
Both of these teams have a tendency to go over the projected point total. Games involving Fresno State have finished over 56.5 percent of the time, while 65.4 percent of UNLV games have gone over. Both teams have solid straight up (SU) records (19-8 for Fresno State; 19-8 for UNLV), but the Runnin’ Rebels hold a slight advantage against the spread (ATS). UNLV is 12-14-1 ATS, while the Bulldogs are 11-12.
Mooring has taken his game to another level over the last five games for UNLV, averaging 16.6 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 132 points, well under the projected point total of 154. The Bulldogs won 69-63, covering as 5-point favorites. Fresno State had a much better turnover percentage (11.9 vs. 20.2). UNLV, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.4 vs. 29.4). In the victory, Williams led all scorers with 20 points.
Fresno State Bulldogs vs. UNLV Runnin’ Rebels Odds Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Fresno State, ATS Winner – Fresno State, O/U – Over
- The Bulldogs rank 28th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 119th (21.1).
- UNLV ranks 32nd in blocks per game (4.6) while Fresno State ranks 119th (3.4).
- On the road, Fresno State is 6-5 ATS with 8 overs and 3 unders.
- UNLV is 8-8 ATS at home with 12 overs and 3 unders.
- UNLV ranks 11th in rebounds per game (40.5) while Fresno State ranks 193rd (34.2).
- The Bulldogs rank 17th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 143rd (6.5).
- UNLV ranks 31st in assists per game (16.4) while Fresno State ranks 134th (13.9).
- UNLV is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Fresno State is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Runnin’ Rebels have been outscored by an average of 1.8 points in their last five games. On the season, UNLV has defeated opponents by an average of 8.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 82.8 points per game (4.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (0.8 above their season average).