The Fresno State Bulldogs (15-7, 5-4 MWC) travel to Nevada to take on the Wolf Pack (18-4, 7-1 MWC) in what should be a high-scoring game. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 147 points with Nevada opening as an 8-point favorite. Action gets underway at 11 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 31, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Fresno State Bulldogs at Nevada Wolf Pack Betting Preview
The Bulldogs lost a tough one against the Utah State Aggies in their last matchup, 65-62. Fresno State’s Jaron Hopkins put together a good game, finishing with 11 points and 11 rebounds. Utah State had a turnover percentage of 11.0 (better than their season average of 16.8). Fresno State, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9 (above their season average of 30.8).
The last time the Wolf Pack played, they were topped by the Wyoming Cowboys, 104-103. With 27 points, seven rebounds and six assists, Nevada’s Cody Martin had a solid outing. Wyoming held the Wolf Pack to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.6 (below their season average of 27.7). Nevada, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (10.8 vs. 17.1).
This meeting figures to be a shootout as a pair of the nations top offenses face off. Nevada currently ranks 21st with 116.3 points per 100 possessions and Fresno State is 24th (115.1).
Games involving these teams have a tendency to go over the O/U total. Fresno State games have gone over 61.1 percent of the time, while Nevada games have finished over 57.1 percent of the time. The Wolf Pack come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 18-4 SU and 10-10-1 ATS, while the Bulldogs are 15-7 SU and 7-11 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 145 points, just under the projected point total of 149. The Wolf Pack won 80-65, covering as 2-point favorites. The Wolf Pack played a nearly perfect game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.9 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.571. For those same stats, the Bulldogs put up marks of 17.9 and 0.500, respectively. Caleb Martin recorded a double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds.
Fresno State Bulldogs at Nevada Wolf Pack Free Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Nevada, ATS Winner – Fresno State, O/U – Over
- The Wolf Pack average 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 54th in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 91st in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Nevada is 11th in the nation with 4.7 steals allowed per game while Fresno State is 23rd with 5.0 steals allowed per game.
- Fresno State is 4-4 ATS on the road, while Nevada is 5-4 ATS at home.
- Of the Bulldogs 8 road games, they have 7 overs and 1 under.
- In 9 home games, the Wolf Pack have 5 overs and 4 unders.
- Nevada ranks 100th in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while Fresno State ranks 270th (17.3).
- The Bulldogs rank eighth in rebounds allowed per game (30.0) while the Wolf Pack rank 152nd (35.2).
- Nevada ranks 30th in assists per game (16.7) while Fresno State ranks 154th (13.5).
- Nevada is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Fresno State is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Wolf Pack’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.8, down from 12.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (5.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.2 points per game (1.8 above their season average).