MWC foes will collide when the Colorado State Rams (8-6, 1-2 MWC) square off with the Fresno State Bulldogs (11-5, 1-2 MWC) at Moby Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Fresno State Bulldogs vs. Colorado State Rams Odds Preview
In the Bulldogs last matchup, they lost a tough one against the Utah State Aggies, 81-79. Deshon Taylor put together a solid game for Fresno State, leading the team in scoring with 24 points on 10-for-17 shooting. Utah State did a great job of making free throws (18-24; 75.0 percent). Fresno State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.9 vs. 17.6).
The Rams are trying to rebound after their 77-68 loss to the San Diego State Aztecs in their last outing. J.D. Paige was the games leading scorer with 22 points on 9-for-18 shooting. San Diego State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.1 (above their season average of 32.2). Colorado State, meanwhile, forced the Aztecs into a turnover percentage of 19.5 (above their season average of 15.1).
It could be a tough game for Colorado State on the offensive glass. The Rams rank 150th in offensive rebounding percentage (30.7 percent), while Fresno State ranks 43rd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.3 percent). Additionally, the Bulldogs 24th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.570) will go head-to-head against the Rams 270th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.527).
Jahmel Taylor has really been playing well over the last five games for Fresno State, averaging 12.4 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after splitting two games last season. In the most recent contest, the Rams won 78-62. The Rams dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.0 and a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.434. For those same stats, the Bulldogs recorded marks of 25.0 and 0.306, respectively.
Fresno State Bulldogs at Colorado State Rams Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Colorado State, ATS Winner – Colorado State, O/U – Over
- The Rams rank 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Bulldogs rank 89th (3.4).
- Fresno State ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Colorado State ranks 71st (5.9).
- Fresno State ranks 26th in three pointers allowed per game (18.2) while Colorado State ranks 228th (25.3).
- The Bulldogs rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (29.1) while the Rams rank 167th (36.0).
- Fresno State ranks 43rd in assists allowed per game (11.3) while Colorado State ranks 155th (14.1).
- The Rams average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.6, down from 3.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (5.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.8 points per game (1.6 above their season average).