The Panthers (+7.5) are gearing up to host the No. 10 Penn State Nittany Lions (-7.5) in Pittsburgh. ABC owns the TV rights and kickoff is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET.
Betting Preview: Penn State Nittany Lions at Pittsburgh Panthers
In this Saturday game, Penn State is getting picked as the favorite and is currently giving up 7.5 points. The Nittany Lions are also receiving -330 moneyline odds while the Panthers are +250. If one squad catches a lucky break early, it will likely create a nice in-game betting scenario.
The game’s line originally opened at 9 but early action has slanted toward the Panthers,
The Nittany Lions have recorded 0.0 units so far in 2018 and are 0-1 against the spread (ATS). The team has posted an O/U mark of 1-0.
The Panthers have gained 0.0 units this season. The team is 0-1 ATS and has an O/U record of 0-0.
The Nittany Lions are 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Panthers are also 1-0 SU.
The Nittany Lions are looking to stay undefeated following a 45-38 victory over Appalachian State last week. The Nittany Lions defense allowed the Mountaineers to rush for 159 yards on 37 attempts, including two rush TDs. On the offensive side of the ball, Trace McSorley completed 21 passes for 230 yards and one touchdown. Miles Sanders (91 rushing yards on 19 attempts, two TDs) and the signal-caller McSorley (53 yards on 12 carries, two TDs) led the ground attack. Juwan Johnson (six receptions, 67 yards) and KJ Hamler (four catches, 68 yards, one TD) handled the receiving duties in the win.
Pittsburgh just earned a 33-7 win over Albany. Kenny Pickett completed 16-of-22 passes for 154 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. A.J. Davis (46 rushing yards on 13 attempts) and Qadree Ollison (73 yards on 7 carries) mounted the running game while Rafael Araujo-Lopes (three receptions, 50 yards, two TDs) and Taysir Mack (three catches, 44 yards) led the receiving corps in the win..
When these two programs faced each other last year, Penn State earned the win 33-14.
Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Pittsburgh Panthers Free NCAA Betting Tip
SU Winner: Pittsburgh, ATS Winner: Pittsburgh
Team Betting Trends
- Penn State was favored by 25 points in its last game and the O/U going into it was 53.5. The over cashed and Penn State failed to cover in the 45-38 victory over Appalachian State.
- Pittsburgh has lost one fumble this season while Penn State has not lost any.
- In its last three contests, Penn State is 2-1 ATS and the over cashed in each of those three.
- Pittsburgh was favored by -27 points in its previous match. The team failed to cover the spread in that 33-7 victory over Albany.
- In its last three matchups, Pittsburgh is 2-1 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- The Nittany Lions offense gave up 29 sacks last season. Their defense created 42 sacks.
- Panthers quarterbacks were sacked 31 times last year. Their defense logged 23 sacks.
- The Nittany Lions created a whopping 36 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Panthers put up 21 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Nittany Lions recorded 32 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Panthers only recorded 12 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Pittsburgh defensive unit has sacked opposing QBs five times this season. Penn State has recorded 2 sacks.