The Duke Blue Devils (+3) are set to face off against the Northwestern Wildcats (-3) at Ryan Field. This key afternoon matchup is scheduled to get going at 12:00 p.m. ET and ESPNU will broadcast the action.
Betting Preview: Duke Blue Devils at Northwestern Wildcats
Duke is a live dog and is currently getting 3 points in this matchup. The Blue Devils are also receiving +120 moneyline odds while the Wildcats are -140. There will likely be multiple good live betting opportunities while this match is underway.
This game’s line opened at -3,
The Blue Devils have gained 1.0 unit this season and are 1-0 against the spread (ATS). The team has posted an O/U record of 1-0.
The Wildcats are up 1.0 unit in 2018. The team is 1-0 ATS and also has an O/U record of 1-0.
The Blue Devils are 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Wildcats are also 1-0 SU.
The Blue Devils are looking to stay undefeated following a 34-14 victory over Army West Point last weekTheir defense allowed the Black Knights to rush for 168 yards on 47 attempts, along with one rushing TD. Camden Harrison had a good day for the Black Knights in that one with 92 yards and a score on three catches. Offensively, Daniel Jones completed 13 passes on 17 attempts for 197 yards and one touchdown. Brittain Brown (75 rushing yards on 11 attempts, one TD) and the signal-caller Jones (43 yards on 10 carries, one TD) led the running attack in the win. T.J. Rahming (five receptions, 44 yards) and Aaron Young (four catches, 114 yards, one TD) handled the receiving duties.
Northwestern just earned a 31-27 win over Purdue. The Wildcats defensive unit allowed the Boilermakers to run for 202 yards on 25 rush attempts, including two rush TDs. Rondale Moore was a force to be reckoned with, recording 79 rushing yards and a score on two attempts, along with 109 yards and a score on 11 catches for Purdue. As a group, the Wildcats collectively completed 23-of-37 passes for 235 yards. Clayton Thorson went 16-for-26 for 172 yards while TJ Green was seven-of-11 for 63 yards. Jeremy Larkin (143 yards on 26 rush attempts, two TDs) handled the ground game in the win as Cameron Green (five receptions, 50 yards) and Flynn Nagel (five catches, 58 yards) led the receiving corps..
When these two squads met a year ago, Duke won handily 41-17.
Duke Blue Devils vs. Northwestern Wildcats Free Pick
SU Winner: Duke, ATS Winner: Duke
Team Betting Trends
- The Northwestern defensive unit has sacked opposing quarterbacks two times this season. Duke has registered 1 sacks.
- The Northwestern offense has lost zero fumbles this season while Duke has let one get away,
- The Blue Devils created 22 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Wildcats put up a whopping 30 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Blue Devils offense allowed 29 sacks last season. Their defense created 29 sacks.
- The Wildcats offensive line allowed 31 sacks last year. Their defense got to opposing signal-callers on 32 occasions,
- The Blue Devils converted 16 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Wildcats recorded 17 passing touchdowns last season.
- Northwestern was favored by one point in its last game and the O/U was set at 51. The over cashed and Northwestern covered in the 31-27 win over Purdue.
- In its last three matches, Northwestern is 2-1 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- In its last three games, Duke is 3-0 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- Duke was favored by 14 points in its last game and the Over/Under going into it was 46.5. The over cashed and Duke covered in the 34-14 win over Army West Point.