The Massachusetts Minutemen (+3) are set to face off against the Georgia Southern Eagles (-3) at Allen E. Paulson Stadium. The game starts at 6:00 p.m. ET and ESP+ is scheduled to televise the action.
Betting Preview: Massachusetts Minutemen at Georgia Southern Eagles
In this Saturday game, Georgia Southern is getting picked as the favorite and is currently giving up 3 points. The Minutemen are also receiving +135 moneyline odds while the Eagles are -155. If one school can find paydirt early, it’ll likely create a reasonable live betting opportunity.
The game’s opening line was originally set at -3 but ,
The Minutemen have gained 0.0 units so far in 2018 and are 1-1 against the spread (ATS). The team has posted an O/U record of 2-0.
The Eagles have gained 0.0 units this season. The team is 1-0 ATS and has an O/U record of 0-0.
The Minutemen have gone 1-1 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Eagles are 1-0 SU.
These two programs met a year ago with the final result being a 55-20 win for Massachusetts.
The Minutemen fell to Boston College 55-21 in a blowout where the defense allowed the Eagles to pass for 326 yards and four touchdowns while rushing for 272 yards and three scores. AJ Dillon had a good day for the Eagles in that one with 98 rushing yards on 20 attempts. On the offensive side of the ball, the Minutemen completed 21-of-34 passes for 249 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions. Andrew Ford went nine-for-18 for 78 yards and two interceptions while Ross Comis completed nine-of-13 for 145 yards and one touchdown. Bilal Ally (just 18 yards on nine rushes) led the running attack while Jessie Britt (five receptions, 26 yards) and Andy Isabella (four catches, 95 yards) handled the receiving duties in the defeat.
Georgia Southern are coming off of a lopsided 37-6 win over South Carolina State. The team’s defensive unit allowed the Bulldogs to run for 120 yards on 42 rush attempts, along with one rushing TD. Tyrece Nick was a bright spot in the loss, posting 66 rushing yards and a score on 21 attempts for South Carolina State. For Georgia Southern, Shai Werts completed five-of-seven passes for 29 yards. Werts (163 rushing yards on 22 attempts, three TDs) and Wesley Fields (32 yards on 12 carries, one TD) spearheaded the running game as Colby Ransom (two receptions, 4 yards) and Kennedy III (one catch, eight yards) led the pass-catching corps in the win..
Massachusetts Minutemen at Georgia Southern Eagles Betting Pick
SU Winner: Georgia Southern, ATS Winner: Georgia Southern
Team Betting Trends
- The Georgia Southern offense has lost zero fumbles this season while Massachusetts has lost two,
- Georgia Southern was favored by -29 points in its previous matchup. The team covered that spread in the 37-6 victory over South Carolina State.
- Over its last three games, Georgia Southern is 2-1 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- The Minutemen offensive line allowed 46 sacks last season. Their defense created 23 sacks.
- Eagles quarterbacks were sacked 29 times last year. Their defense got to opposing QBs 22 times,
- Both of these teams recorded 19 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Minutemen put up 3.9 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 4.9 to opponents.
- The Eagles ran for 4.1 yards per carry last season and allowed 5.2 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Minutemen threw for 26 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Eagles only produced eight passing touchdowns last season.
- The Georgia Southern D has sacked opposing QBs three times this year. Massachusetts has registered 0 sacks.