The Chippewas (-7) are gearing up to welcome the Kansas Jayhawks to Central Michigan. This afternoon game is scheduled to kick off at 3:00 p.m. ET and fans can witness the action live on ESP+.
Betting Preview: Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Kansas Jayhawks
In this Saturday matchup, Central Michigan has been projected as the favorite and the team’s currently giving up 7 points. In order to take the home favorite, moneyline bettors would currently need to put down $300 to win $100 back on the Chippewas (-300). The Jayhawks are getting +220 moneyline odds. This tilt should provide several decent live betting possibilities, and Vegas has set the over/under (O/U) at 51.5 points.
The game’s total has moved much lower after opening at 55. The original line of -7 has yet to change.
The Jayhawks have lost 3.7 units so far and are 0-1 against the spread (ATS). The team has posted an O/U mark of 0-0.
The Chippewas have lost 1.0 unit this season. The team is 1-0 ATS and has an O/U record of 1-0.
The Jayhawks are 0-1 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Chippewas are also 0-1 SU.
The Jayhawks are hoping to bounce back after a narrow 26-23 loss to Nicholls last week. Peyton Bender completed only 19 passes on 35 attempts for 187 yards and two touchdowns. Khalil Herbert (61 rushing yards on 12 attempts) and the signal-caller Bender (-15 yards on 10 carries) spearheaded the ground attack. Stephon Robinson Jr. (four receptions, 43 yards) and Steven Sims Jr. (four catches, 29 yards, one TD) shared the receiving duties in the defeat.
Central Michigan just lost a 35-20 game to Kentucky. Tony Poljan completed 17-of-27 passes for 137 yards. Poljan (47 rushing yards on 16 attempts) and Jonathan Ward (36 yards on 11 carries) handled the running game while Cameron Cole (four receptions, 51 yards) and Jamil Sabbagh (two catches, 11 yards) led the pass-catching attack in the loss..
When these two programs met a year ago, Central Michigan earned the win 45-27.
Kansas Jayhawks at Central Michigan Chippewas Bedding Prediction
SU Winner: Kansas, ATS Winner: Kansas, O/U: Under
Team Betting Trends
- Kansas was favored by 10 points in its previous game. The team failed to cover that spread in the 26-23 loss to Nicholls.
- Central Michigan has lost zero fumbles this season while Kansas has lost one,
- Central Michigan was favored by 17 points in its previous matchup and the Over/Under was set at 50.5. The over cashed and Central Michigan failed to cover in the 35-20 defeat to Kentucky.
- The Jayhawks O-line allowed 29 sacks last season. Their defense created 19 sacks.
- The Chippewas offense gave up 25 sacks last season. Their defense sacked opposing signal-callers 34 times,
- The Jayhawks created 11 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Chippewas put up 19 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Jayhawks registered 3.1 yards per carry last season while allowing 4.2 YPC to opponents.
- The Chippewas rushed for 3.9 yards per carry last season and gave up 4.3 YPC to opponents.
- The Jayhawks only threw for 14 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Chippewas recorded 27 passing touchdowns last season.
- Each team defense has created one sack this season.