The Connecticut Huskies and No. 22 Boise State Broncos are ready to do battle on the turf at Albertsons Stadium. Kickoff is pretty late for fans on the East Coast (10:15 p.m. ET) and ESPNU will televise the action.
Betting Preview: Connecticut Huskies vs. Boise State Broncos
Connecticut is a heavy road dog here and is currently receiving 34 points from oddsmakers. It appears that there will probably be multiple good live betting opportunities in this game, and Vegas has placed the over/under (O/U) at 64 points.
The line opened at -34 while the total hasn’t moved since it opened at 64.
The Huskies have gained 0.0 units so far in 2018 and are 0-1 against the spread (ATS). The team has posted an O/U record of 1-0.
The Broncos have gained 1.0 unit this season. The team is 1-0 ATS and also owns an O/U record of 1-0.
The Huskies are 0-1 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Broncos are 1-0 SU.
The Huskies are still seeking win No. 1 after a 56-17 defeat to UCF last week in which David Pindell completed 27-of-41 passes for 266 yards, along with one score and a pick. Pindell (157 yards on 22 rush attempts, one TD) also led the ground attack and was complemented by Kevin Mensah (59 yards on 20 carries) in the loss. Kyle Buss (seven receptions, 113 yards) and Aaron McLean (five catches, 42 yards) handled the receiving duties.
Boise State are coming off of a lopsided 56-20 win over Troy. The team’s defense allowed the Trojans to run for 124 yards on 44 rush attempts, including two rush TDs. Deondre Douglas had a good showing in the defeat for Troy, recording 102 yards on seven catches. For Boise State, Brett Rypien completed 20-of-28 passes for 305 yards and four touchdowns. Alexander Mattison (56 rushing yards on 14 attempts, one TD) led the ground game in the win while Sean Modster (seven receptions, 167 yards, two TDs) and CT Thomas (three catches, 68 yards, one TD) led the pass-catching corps.
It seems like the Broncos should hold an edge when it comes to efficiency in the ground game. Their backfield generated 3.8 yards per carry last season while the defense allowed a YPC of 3.4 to opponents. The Huskies registered 3.6 yards per carry last year while allowing 5.0 yards per rush attempt to opposing runners..
Connecticut Huskies at Boise State Broncos Free NCAA Betting Tip
SU Winner: Boise State, ATS Winner: Connecticut, O/U: Over
Team Betting Notes
- The Boise State defensive unit has registered five sacks on the year while Connecticut has 0.
- Boise State has lost one fumble this season while Connecticut has let two get away,
- The Huskies created 17 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Broncos put up 25 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Huskies O-line allowed 35 sacks last season. Their defense created 23 sacks.
- Broncos quarterbacks were sacked 28 times last season. Their defense got to opposing quarterbacks on 34 occasions,
- The Huskies threw for 18 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Broncos logged 26 passing touchdowns last season.