The Baylor Bears aren’t traveling far to face the UTSA Roadrunners at the Alamodome. The matchup kicks off at 7:00 p.m. ET and fans can catch the action by tuning in to FCBK.
Betting Preview: UTSA Roadrunners vs. Baylor Bears
The Bears are 0-1 against the spread (ATS) and have gained 0.0 units so far. The team has posted an Over-Under record of 0-0.
The Roadrunners have lost 1.0 unit this season. The team is 0-1 ATS and has an O/U record of 1-0.
The Bears have gone 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Roadrunners are 0-1 SU.
The Bears are hoping to remain undefeated following a 55-27 win over Abilene Christian last weekTheir defense allowed the Wildcats to run for 220 yards on 27 rush attempts, along with one rushing TD. Billy McCrary had a good day for the Wildcats in that one with 141 rushing yards and a score on six attempts. On the offensive side, the Bears completed 18-of-28 passes for 311 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. Charlie Brewer went eight-for-15 for 138 yards and one interception while Jalan McClendon completed 10-of-13 for 173 yards and two touchdowns. John Lovett (115 yards on 12 rush attempts, three TDs) and JaMycal Hasty (102 yards on 10 carries, two TDs) provided the ground attack while Jalen Hurd (four receptions, 58 yards, one TD) and Hasty (four catches, 67 yards) manned the receiving duties in the win.
UTSA just fell 49-7 to Arizona State. The team’s defensive unit allowed the Sun Devils to eat up the clock by running for 266 yards on 36 rush attempts, including two rush TDs. Eno Benjamin put up a good showing for Arizona State, accounting for 131 rushing yards and a score on 16 attempts, along with 15 yards on two catches. As a group, the Roadrunners collectively completed 19-of-43 passes for 218 yards and one interception. Cordale Grundy went 16-for-33 for 187 yards and one interception while D.J. Gillins was three-of-10 for 31 yards. Grundy (-10 rushing yards on 12 attempts) mounted the running game while Kirk Johnson Jr. (five receptions, 57 yards) and Greg Campbell Jr. (four catches, 34 yards) led the UTSA pass-catchers in the loss..
When these two teams faced one another a year ago, UTSA won by a touchdown 17-10.
Baylor Bears vs. UTSA Roadrunners NCAA Prediction
SU Winner: Baylor
Team Betting Trends
- The Baylor defense has sacked opposing quarterbacks 1 time this year. UTSA has registered zero sacks.
- The UTSA offense has lost two fumbles this season while Baylor has yet to lose any,
- The Bears O-line yielded 38 sacks last season. Their defense created 23 sacks.
- The Roadrunners offensive line allowed 26 sacks last year. Their defense generated 23 sacks.
- UTSA was favored by 18 points in its previous matchup and the Over/Under was 52. The over cashed and UTSA failed to cover in the 49-7 loss to Arizona State.
- Over its last three games, UTSA is 0-3 ATS and the under cashed in each of those three.
- In its last three matches, Baylor is 1-2 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- Baylor was favored by 41 points in its previous game. The team failed to cover that spread in the 55-27 victory over Abilene Christian.