The Arizona Wildcats (+5) are flying east to visit the Houston Cougars at TDECU Stadium. This afternoon game is scheduled to get underway at 12:00 p.m. ET.
Betting Preview: Arizona Wildcats vs. Houston Cougars
In this Saturday game, Houston is tabbed as the favorite and is currently giving up 5 points. In order to take the home favorite, moneyline gamblers would currently need to put down $200 to win $100 back on the Cougars (-200). The Wildcats are getting +170 moneyline odds. Some decent live betting scenarios should exist during this contest.
This game’s line originally opened at -4 but the sharp action is siding with the Cougars,
The hapless Wildcats have lost 4.8 units this season and are 0-1 against the spread (ATS). The team’s posted an O/U record of 0-1.
The Cougars have gained 0.0 units this year. The team is 0-1 ATS and has an O/U record of 1-0.
The Wildcats are 0-1 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Cougars are 1-0 SU.
The Wildcats fell to BYU 28-23 in a contest where the passing game the primary culprit as Khalil Tate completed just 17-of-34 passes for 197 yards and one touchdown. J.J. Taylor (85 rushing yards on 18 attempts, one TD) led the ground attack in the loss while Shawn Poindexter (four receptions, 68 yards) and Tony Ellison (four catches, 45 yards, one TD) handled the receiving duties.
Houston just picked up a 45-27 win over Rice. The defensive unit allowed the Owls to run for 147 yards on 43 rush attempts. Austin Walter had a productive outing in the loss for Rice, recording 55 rushing yards on 19 attempts, along with 70 yards on four catches. For Houston, D’Eriq King completed 17-of-24 passes for 320 yards and three touchdowns. Patrick Carr (74 yards on 8 rush attempts, one TD) handled the ground attack in the win while Marquez Stevenson (five receptions, 107 yards, one TD) and Courtney Lark (four catches, 82 yards, two TDs) led the pass-catching attack.
These two teams met a year ago with the final result being a 19-16 victory for Houston.
Arizona Wildcats vs. Houston Cougars NCAA Prediction
SU Winner: Arizona, ATS Winner: Arizona
Team Betting Trends
- The Houston D has tallied three sacks on the year while Arizona has 0.
- The Houston offense has lost two fumbles this season while Arizona has yet to lose any,
- The Wildcats O-line yielded 19 sacks last season. Their defense created 31 sacks.
- The Cougars offensive line gave up 17 sacks last season. Their defense logged 23 sacks,
- The Wildcats created a whopping 48 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Cougars put up 25 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Wildcats registered 6.6 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 4.6 to opponents.
- The Cougars rushed for 4.5 yards per carry last season and allowed a YPC of 3.8 to opponents.
- The Wildcats produced 19 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Cougars recorded 16 passing touchdowns last season.
- Houston was the underdog by 25 points in its last match and the Over/Under was set at 56. The over cashed and Houston covered in the team’s 45-27 victory over Rice.
- Over its last three contests, Houston is 1-2 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- In its last three matches, Arizona is 0-3 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- Arizona was favored by 12 points in its last game and the Over/Under was 58.5. The under cashed and Arizona did not cover in the 28-23 loss to BYU.