The Tulsa Golden Hurricane and No. 23 Texas Longhorns will do battle on the turf at Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium/Jamail Field. LGHN will televise the action and the matchup is scheduled to start at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Betting Preview: Texas Longhorns vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane
Texas is heavily favored in this matchup and is currently giving up 21 points to Tulsa. It appears that there will probably be some decent in-game betting scenarios for the showdown, and Vegas has not determined this game’s over/under (O/U) yet.
The opening line was initially set at -20.
The Golden Hurricane are 0-1 against the spread (ATS) and have gained 1.0 unit so far. The team has posted an O/U mark of 0-0.
The Longhorns have been a disappointment to moneyline bettors this season, losing 5.0 units. They’re 0-1 ATS and have an O/U record of 1-0.
The Golden Hurricane are 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Longhorns are 0-1 SU.
The Golden Hurricane are looking to remain undefeated after a 38-27 win over Central Arkansas last week. The Golden Hurricane defensive unit did its part in the win, holding the Bears to just 165 passing yards and 82 rushing yards. On the offensive side of the ball, Luke Skipper completed 15-of-24 passes for 196 yards and two touchdowns. Shamari Brooks (129 rushing yards on 27 attempts, two TDs) and Corey Taylor II (110 yards on 20 carries) led the ground attack while Jarion Anderson (four receptions, 24 yards) and Cole Neph (four catches, 40 yards, one TD) handled the receiving duties in the win.
A week ago, Maryland knocked off this Texas team by a score of 34-29. Sam Ehlinger completed 21-of-39 passes for 263 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions. Tre Watson (52 rushing yards on 12 attempts) handled the running game while Lil’Jordan Humphrey (six receptions, 82 yards) and Devin Duvernay (four catches, 58 yards, one TD) led the pass-catching corps in the loss.
Tulsa Golden Hurricane at Texas Longhorns Free NCAA Betting Tip
SU Winner: Texas, ATS Winner: Tulsa
Team Betting Trends
- Each team defense has tallied one sack this year.
- The Texas offense has lost one fumble this season while Tulsa has lost three.
- The Golden Hurricane created a whopping 36 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Longhorns put up 24 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Golden Hurricane logged 5.0 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 5.9 to opponents.
- The Longhorns registered 3.6 yards per carry last season and gave up 3.0 YPC to opponents.
- The Golden Hurricane only threw for six passing touchdowns last season.
- The Longhorns produced 18 passing touchdowns last season.