The Cowboys of Oklahoma State (-31) are set to host the South Alabama Jaguars at Boone Pickens Stadium. Kickoff for this game is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET and fans can watch the action live on FSN.
Betting Preview: Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. South Alabama Jaguars
Oklahoma State is heavily favored in this matchup and is currently giving up 31 points to South Alabama. The over/under for this game hasn’t yet been determined. Based on how things are shaping up, there should be some good live betting opportunities in this match.
The opening line was originally set at -32,
The Jaguars are down 1.0 unit so far and 1-0 against the spread (ATS). The team has posted an Over-Under mark of 1-0.
The Cowboys have gained 0.0 units this season. The team is 0-1 ATS and has an O/U record of 0-0.
The Jaguars are 0-1 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Cowboys are 1-0 SU.
The Jaguars fell to Louisiana Tech 30-26 in a contest where the passing attack left much to be desired as the Jaguars completed 11-of-23 passes for 91 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions. Cole Garvin went seven-for-16 for 47 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions while Evan Orth completed four-of-six for 44 yards. Tra Minter (23 yards on 16 rush attempts) led the ground attack. Minter (three receptions, 28 yards) and Jamarius Way (two catches, 31 yards) shared the receiving duties in the defeat.
Oklahoma State just put together a 58-17 win over Missouri State. Taylor Cornelius completed 25-of-35 passes for 300 yards, five touchdowns and one interception. Justice Hill (122 rushing yards on 10 attempts, one TD) and Ryan Haymaker (26 yards on 10 carries) handled the running game while Jalen McCleskey (six receptions, 66 yards, two TDs) and Tylan Wallace (four catches, 48 yards, one TD) led the pass-catching attack in the win.
If the results from 2017 can translate to this year, then it seems like the Cowboys could have an edge in terms of effectiveness in the ground game, as their backfield generated 4.6 yards per carry last season while the defense allowed a YPC of 3.6 to opponents. The Jaguars ran for 3.1 yards per carry last year while allowing 4.2 yards per rush attempt to opposing runners..
When these two teams met a year ago, Oklahoma State knocked South Alabama off handily 44-7.
South Alabama Jaguars vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys Betting Pick
SU Winner: Oklahoma State, ATS Winner: South Alabama
Team Betting Notes
- The Oklahoma State defensive unit has tallied five sacks on the year while South Alabama has 3.
- Oklahoma State has lost one fumble this season while South Alabama has let two get away,
- The Jaguars offense allowed 25 sacks last season. Their defense created 21 sacks.
- The Cowboys O-line allowed 24 sacks last season. Their defense created 30 sacks.
- Oklahoma State was favored by -45 points in its last match. The team failed to cover that spread in the 58-17 victory over Missouri State.
- Over its last three contests, Oklahoma State is 2-1 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- In its last three matchups, South Alabama is 2-1 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- South Alabama was getting 11 points in its last game and the O/U was set at 52.5. The over cashed and South Alabama covered in the 30-26 defeat to Louisiana Tech.