The UTEP Miners (+25) are set to take on the UNLV Rebels at Sam Boyd Stadium. This showdown will kick off fairly late for those on the East Coast (9:00 p.m. ET) and fans can catch the action by tuning in to ATSN.
Betting Preview: UTEP Miners vs. UNLV Rebels
UNLV is the heavy favorite and is currently giving up 25 points to UTEP. The over/under for this matchup has not yet been released. Multiple decent live betting opportunities should be unveiled during the contest.
The game’s opening line was initially set at -23.
The Miners have lost 1.0 unit so far and are 0-1 against the spread (ATS). The team’s posted an O/U record of 0-0.
The Rebels have gained 0.0 units for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 1-0 ATS and own an O/U record of 1-0.
The Miners have gone 0-1 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Rebels are also 0-1 SU.
The Miners fell to Northern Arizona 30-10 in a thumping where their defense allowed the Lumberjacks to run for 107 yards on 36 rush attempts, including two rush TDs. Emmanuel Butler had a good day for the opposition in that one with 138 yards and two touchdowns on six catches. On the offensive side, the Miners completed 15-of-31 passes for 127 yards and two interceptions. Kai Locksley went 13-for-26 for 120 yards and one interception while Ryan Metz completed two-of-five for seven yards and one interception. Locksley (50 rushing yards on 18 attempts) also led the running attack. Warren Redix (four receptions, 29 yards) and Walter Dawn Jr. (three catches, 30 yards) shared the receiving duties in the defeat.
One week ago, USC took care of this UNLV team by a score of 43-21. The Rebels defense allowed the Trojans to run for 219 yards on 38 rush attempts, including three rush TDs. Aca’Cedric Ware put up a solid outing, posting 100 rushing yards and a score on 10 attempts for USC. For UNLV, Armani Rogers completed 12-of-27 passes for 97 yards and two touchdowns. Rogers (82 rushing yards on 18 attempts) and Lexington Thomas (136 yards on 14 carries, one TD) handled the running game while Mekhi Stevenson (three receptions, 21 yards) and Tyleek Collins (two catches, 23 yards) led the pass-catching attack in the loss.
UTEP Miners at UNLV Rebels Betting Pick
SU Winner: UNLV, ATS Winner: UTEP
Team Betting Trends
- Each team has lost one fumble this season.
- The Miners offense allowed 25 sacks last season. Their defense created 11 sacks.
- Rebels quarterbacks were sacked 24 times last season. Their defense was able to sack opposing QBs on 11 occasions,
- The Miners created nine rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Rebels put up 29 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Miners logged 3.3 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 5.4 to opponents.
- The Rebels registered 5.5 yards per carry last season and allowed a YPC of 5.4 to opponents.
- The Miners only put up seven passing touchdowns last season.
- The Rebels converted 10 passing touchdowns last season.
- The UNLV defense has sacked opposing quarterbacks two times this season. UTEP has produced 1 sacks.