The No. 11 Michigan State Spartans (-7) and Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to square off on the grass at Sun Devil Stadium, Frank Kush Field. ESPN will broadcast the action and kickoff is scheduled for 10:45 p.m. ET.
Betting Preview: Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Michigan State Spartans
Arizona State is a live dog here and is currently getting 7 points. In order to take the favorite, moneyline gamblers would currently need to put down $300 to net $100 back on the Spartans (-300). The Sun Devils are getting +220 moneyline odds. If one program finds paydirt early, it’ll likely result in a nice betting opportunity in-game.
The game’s opening line was originally set at 4 but the sharp action is siding with the Spartans,
The Spartans have gained 0.0 units so far and are 0-1 against the spread (ATS). The team has posted an Over-Under record of 1-0.
The Sun Devils are up 1.0 unit for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 1-0 ATS and also have an O/U record of 1-0.
The Spartans are 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Sun Devils are also 1-0 SU.
The Spartans are hoping to remain unbeaten after a 38-31 win over Utah State last week where Brian Lewerke completed 23 passes for 287 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. LJ Scott (84 rushing yards on 23 attempts) and the signal-caller Lewerke (31 yards on 10 carries) led the running attack. Darrell Stewart Jr. (seven receptions, 55 yards) and Cody White (five catches, 70 yards, one TD) handled the receiving duties in the win.
Arizona State are coming off of a lopsided 49-7 win over UTSA. The defense held its territory in the victory, holding the Roadrunners to only 218 passing yards and two rushing yards. Kirk Johnson Jr. was a bright spot in the loss, recording 57 yards on five catches for UTSA. For Arizona State, Manny Wilkins completed 16-of-24 passes for 237 yards and four touchdowns. Eno Benjamin (131 rushing yards on 16 attempts, one TD) and Isaiah Floyd (79 yards on 9 carries, one TD) handled the running game while N’Keal Harry (six receptions, 140 yards, two TDs) and Frank Darby (two catches, 23 yards) led the receiving corps in the win..
Michigan State Spartans vs. Arizona State Sun Devils NCAA Prediction
SU Winner: Michigan State, ATS Winner: Michigan State
Team Betting Trends
- Arizona State has lost zero fumbles this season while Michigan State has let one get away,
- The Spartans created 18 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Sun Devils put up 27 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Spartans put up 4.0 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 3.4 to opponents.
- The Sun Devils recorded 4.0 yards per carry last season and allowed 4.9 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Spartans produced 20 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Sun Devils recorded 21 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Arizona State D has sacked opposing QBs nine times this year. Michigan State has registered just 2 sacks.