The Midshipmen (+4.5) are prepared to welcome the Memphis Tigers (-4.5) to Navy. CBS Sports Network will broadcast the action and this AAC game is scheduled to kick off at 3:30 p.m. ET.
Betting Preview: Navy Midshipmen vs. Memphis Tigers
In this Saturday American Athletic Conference game, Memphis is projected as the favorite and is currently giving up 4.5 points. If they are wanting to take the moneyline, bettors would currently have to put up $200 in order to win $100 back on the Tigers (-200). The Midshipmen are getting +170 moneyline odds. Vegas has set the over/under (O/U) at 70 points. If the favorites start trailing early, it will likely produce a nice betting scenario in-game.
Sharp bettors are apparently siding with both the Tigers and the under. The line initially opened at 3.5 while the game’s over/under was originally 71.5.
The Tigers have recorded 0.0 units so far and are 1-0 against the spread (ATS). The team’s recorded an O/U mark of 0-0.
The hapless Midshipmen have lost 6.0 units this season. The team is 0-1 ATS and has an O/U record of 1-0.
The Tigers have gone 1-0 straight up (SU) and they haven’t faced any AAC competition yet. The Midshipmen are 0-1 SU overall and are also 0-0 SU in conference play.
When these two programs faced each other last year, Memphis won by a field goal 30-27.
The Tigers are looking to stay unbeaten following a 66-14 victory over Mercer last week. The Tigers D did its part in the win, keeping the Bears to just 114 passing yards and 60 yards on the ground. On the offensive side, the Tigers completed 28-of-39 passes for 428 yards and five touchdowns. Brady White went 22-for-28 for 358 yards and five touchdowns while Brady McBride completed six-of-10 for 70 yards. Patrick Taylor Jr. (52 rushing yards on nine attempts, one TD) and Darrell Henderson (76 yards on nine carries, one TD) led the running attack while Pop Williams (six receptions, 39 yards) and Damonte Coxie (four catches, 79 yards, one TD) shared the receiving duties in the win.
Navy just fell 59-41 to Hawaii. Garret Lewis completed five-of-nine passes for 66 yards. Malcolm Perry (108 yards on 17 rush attempts, one TD) mounted the running game while Taylor Jackson (three receptions, 38 yards) and CJ Williams (two catches, 28 yards) led the receiving attack in the loss..
Memphis Tigers vs. Navy Midshipmen Free Pick
SU Winner: Memphis, ATS Winner: Memphis, O/U: Over
- The Memphis D has sacked opposing quarterbacks 4 times this season. Navy has recorded three sacks.
- Navy has lost zero fumbles this season while Memphis has let one get away,
- The Memphis offensive line allowed 21 sacks last season. Their defense created 26 sacks.
- Midshipmen quarterbacks were sacked 13 times last season. Their defense got to opposing QBs on 16 occasions,
- Memphis created 33 rushing touchdowns last season.
- Navy put up a whopping 42 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Tigers put up 5.7 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 4.2 to opponents.
- The Midshipmen tallied 5.6 yards per carry last season and gave up a YPC of 4.5 to opponents.
- Memphis recorded 39 passing touchdowns last season.
- Navy only recorded 10 passing touchdowns last season.
- Navy was getting 14 points in its last match and the O/U was set at 61.5. The over cashed and Navy failed to cover in that 59-41 loss to Hawaii.
- Memphis was favored by 31 points in its last game. The team covered the spread in the 66-14 victory over Mercer.