The Golden Eagles of Southern Miss (-6) are set to welcome the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks to Carlisle-Faulkner Field at M.M. Roberts Stadium. The game is scheduled to get underway at 7:00 p.m. ET and fans can catch the action by tuning in to ESPN 3.
Betting Preview: Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks vs. Southern Miss Golden Eagles
In this Saturday matchup, Southern Miss is labeled as the favorite and is currently giving up 6 points. The Warhawks are also receiving +190 moneyline odds while the Golden Eagles are -240. Based on the way things are shaping up, there should be some decent live betting opportunities for this matchup.
The game’s opening line was initially set at -8 but early action has slanted toward the Warhawks,
The Warhawks are 0-1 against the spread (ATS) and have recorded 0.0 units so far. The team’s recorded an O/U mark of 0-0.
The Golden Eagles have gained 0.0 units this season. The team is 1-0 ATS and also has an O/U record of 0-0.
The Warhawks are 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Golden Eagles are also 1-0 SU.
The Warhawks are hoping to stay undefeated following a 34-31 victory over Southeastern Louisiana last week. The Warhawks secondary allowed the Lions to air it out for 365 yards and four touchdowns. Offensively, Caleb Evans completed 35-of-53 passes for 346 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. Derrick Gore (104 yards on 21 rush attempts, one TD) and the signal-caller Evans (62 yards on 13 carries, one TD) led the ground attack. Marcus Green (seven receptions, 99 yards, two TDs) and RJ Turner (seven catches, 95 yards) shared the receiving duties in the win.
Southern Miss just earned a 55-7 win over Jackson State. As a group, the Golden Eagles collectively completed 25-of-33 passes for 255 yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions. Jack Abraham went 21-for-27 for 242 yards and four touchdowns while Marcelo Rodriguez was three-of-five for eight yards and two interceptions. Tez Parks (34 yards on 13 rush attempts) and Trivenskey Mosley (49 yards on 12 carries) mounted the running game as Quez Watkins (eight receptions, 138 yards, three TDs) and Jaylond Adams (four catches, 25 yards) led the pass-catching attack in the win.
It seems like the Golden Eagles could hold an edge in terms of effectiveness in the ground game. Their backfield logged 4.8 yards per carry last season while their defense allowed a YPC of 3.8 to opponents. The Warhawks recorded 4.4 yards per carry last year while allowing a YPC of 5.6 to the opposition..
When these two teams met last year, Southern Miss earned the win 28-17.
Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks at Southern Miss Golden Eagles Bedding Prediction
SU Winner: Louisiana-Monroe, ATS Winner: Louisiana-Monroe
Team Betting Trends
- Louisiana-Monroe was favored by 21 points in its last game. The team did not cover the spread in the 34-31 victory over Southeastern Louisiana.
- Each team has lost one fumble this year,
- Over its last three contests, Louisiana-Monroe is 1-2 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- Southern Miss was favored by -33 points in its last match. The team covered the spread in the 55-7 victory over Jackson State.
- Over its last three contests, Southern Miss is 2-1 ATS and the over cashed in each of those three.
- The Warhawks produced 22 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Golden Eagles produced 24 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Warhawks created 27 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Golden Eagles put up 19 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Warhawks offense allowed 21 sacks last season. Their defense created 21 sacks.
- The Golden Eagles offense allowed 14 sacks last year. Their defense logged 24 sacks.
- The Louisiana-Monroe defensive unit has sacked opposing QBs 3 times this year. Southern Miss has produced two sacks.