The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (-3) and South Florida Bulls will square off on the grass at Raymond James Stadium. This key afternoon game starts at 12:00 p.m. ET and fans can catch it live by tuning in to ABC.
Betting Preview: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at South Florida Bulls
South Florida is getting picked as the underdog and is currently getting 3 points in this Saturday game. The Yellow Jackets are also receiving -155 moneyline odds while the Bulls are +135. There could be some good live betting opportunities for this showdown.
The game’s line opened at 2, but sharp bettors have been siding with the Yellow Jackets,
The Yellow Jackets are 0-1 against the spread (ATS) and have gained 0.0 units so far in 2018. The team has posted an O/U record of 0-0.
The Bulls have gained 0.0 units for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 0-1 ATS and also own an O/U record of 0-0.
The Yellow Jackets have gone 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Bulls are also 1-0 SU.
The Yellow Jackets are looking to stay unbeaten following a 41-0 victory over Alcorn State last week. The defense did its part in the win, limiting the Braves to just 69 passing yards and 77 yards on the ground. P.J. Simmons had a good day for the Braves in that one with 47 rushing yards on 10 attempts. Offensively, TaQuon Marshall completed just nine passes on 18 attempts for 104 yards, along with one TD and an interception. Tobias Oliver (72 rushing yards on 12 attempts) and Jordan Mason (85 yards on 11 carries, one TD) led the ground attack while Brad Stewart (four receptions, 49 yards, one TD) and Qua Searcy (two catches, 36 yards) manned the receiving duties in the win.
South Florida just earned a 34-14 win over Elon. The defensive unit let the Phoenix rush for 192 yards on 49 attempts, including two rush TDs. Jaylan Thomas had a good showing in the defeat for Elon, recording 87 rushing yards on nine attempts. As a group, the Bulls collectively completed 29-of-46 passes for 367 yards and three touchdowns. Blake Barnett went 24-for-34 for 305 yards and three touchdowns while Brett Kean was three-of-seven for 37 yards. Elijah Mack (33 yards on 10 rush attempts) spearheaded the running attack while Randall St. Felix (seven receptions, 143 yards, one TD) and Tyre McCants (six catches, 26 yards, one TD) led the pass-catching corps in the win.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. South Florida Bulls Free Pick
SU Winner: Georgia Tech, ATS Winner: Georgia Tech
Team Betting Notes
- The South Florida offense has lost zero fumbles this season while Georgia Tech has lost two.
- The Yellow Jackets only put up 10 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Bulls converted 25 passing touchdowns last season.
- Both of these teams put up exactly 30 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Yellow Jackets logged 5.3 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 4.5 to opponents.
- The Bulls ran for 5.0 yards per carry last season and allowed a YPC of 3.3 to opponents.
- The Yellow Jackets offense allowed 20 sacks last season. Their defense created 17 sacks.
- The Bulls offensive line gave up 18 sacks last year. Their defense recorded 36 sacks.
- The South Florida D has sacked opposing quarterbacks three times this season. Georgia Tech has recorded 1 sacks.