The FIU Golden Panthers (-1.5) are flying north to battle the Old Dominion Monarchs at Foreman Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium. The opening kickoff for this CUSA game is pegged for 7:30 p.m. ET and fans can tune in to the action on beIN Sports.
Betting Preview: Old Dominion Monarchs vs. FIU Golden Panthers
Old Dominion is playing the role of underdog and is currently getting 1.5 points in this Saturday CUSA game. The Golden Panthers are also receiving -120 moneyline odds while the Monarchs are +100. If one school finds paydirt early, it will probably result in a nice live betting opportunity.
The game’s line opened at 2,
The Golden Panthers have lost 1.0 unit so far in 2018 and are 1-0 against the spread (ATS). The team has posted an Over-Under record of 1-0.
The Monarchs have lost 2.2 units this season. The team is 0-1 ATS and also has an O/U record of 1-0.
The Golden Panthers are 0-1 straight up (SU) and they haven’t faced any CUSA competition yet. The Monarchs are 0-1 SU overall and are also 0-0 SU in conference play.
When these two teams faced each other last year, Old Dominion knocked FIU off by a touchdown 37-30.
The Golden Panthers are reeling from a 38-28 defeat to Indiana last week. the Golden Panthers completed 17-of-28 passes for 157 yards, one touchdown and one interception. James Morgan went 11-for-20 for 90 yards, one touchdown and one interception while Christian Alexander completed six-of-eight for 67 yards. Anthony Jones (88 rushing yards on 15 attempts, two TDs) and Shawndarrius Phillips (38 yards on 11 carries, one TD) led the ground attack while CJ Worton (five receptions, 69 yards) and Maurice Alexander (four catches, 25 yards, one TD) manned the receiving duties in the defeat.
A week ago, Liberty knocked off this Old Dominion team by a score of 52-10. The Monarchs defense allowed the Flames to pass for 353 yards and four touchdowns while rushing for 238 yards and three scores. DJ Stubbs was outstandingfor the Flames, putting up 155 yards on seven catches. For Old Dominion, Steven Williams completed 14-of-30 passes for 132 yards. Jeremy Cox (34 rushing yards on 12 attempts) and the signal-caller Williams (43 yards on 10 carries, one TD) handled the running attack as Jonathan Duhart (seven receptions, 83 yards) and Isaiah Harper (six catches, 21 yards) led the pass-catching corps in the loss.
It appears that the Monarchs should hold an advantage when it comes to applying pressure. Their offensive line gave up just 20 sacks last season while the D-line registered 31 sacks. The Golden Panthers O-line gave up 29 sacks last year and their defense generated only 22 sacks..
FIU Golden Panthers vs. Old Dominion Monarchs NCAA Tip
SU Winner: FIU, ATS Winner: FIU
Team Betting Trends
- FIU was getting 13 points in its last game and the O/U was set at 55.5. The over cashed and FIU covered in the 38-28 defeat to Indiana.
- Both teams have lost two fumbles this season,
- In its last three games, FIU is 2-1 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- Old Dominion was getting 5 points in its last matchup and the Over/Under going into it was 58.5. The over cashed and Old Dominion failed to cover in the 52-10 loss to Liberty.
- Over its last three matches, Old Dominion is 1-2 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- The Golden Panthers offense yielded 29 sacks last season. Their defense created 22 sacks.
- Monarchs quarterbacks were sacked 20 times last season. Their defense got to opposing signal-callers 31 times,
- The Golden Panthers created 20 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Monarchs put up 17 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Golden Panthers put up 4.2 yards per carry last season while allowing 4.7 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Monarchs ran for 4.3 yards per carry last season and gave up 4.6 YPC to opponents.
- The Golden Panthers threw for 19 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Monarchs only logged nine passing touchdowns last season.
- The FIU D has 1 sack on the year while Old Dominion has zero.