In a game that’s officially the 2018 season opener for the home team, the Colorado Buffaloes (+5) are set to face off against the Nebraska Cornhuskers (-5) at Tom Osborne Field at Memorial Stadium. Kickoff for this matchup is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET and ABC has the TV rights.
Betting Preview: Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Colorado Buffaloes
Colorado is the road underdog in this matchup and is currently being given 5 points. In order to take the home favorite, moneyline bettors would currently need to put up $200 to win $100 back on the Cornhuskers (-200). The Buffaloes are getting +170 moneyline odds. Oddsmakers have placed the over/under (O/U) at 62.5 points, and if one squad can create a bunch of points in the early stages, it would likely create a worthy in-game betting opportunity.
This game’s line opened at -4. The total hasn’t moved since it opened at 62.5.
The Buffaloes have gone 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Cornhuskers are 0-0 SU.
The Buffaloes averaged 247.4 passing yards per game and 160.0 rushing yards per game versus their nine in-conference opponents last year. They managed to put up 24.7 points per game against those opponents while giving up 34.6 per contest. When facing non-conference schools, they averaged 31.7 points and 9.0 points-allowed, in addition to 299.3 pass yards per game and 148.7 rush yards per contest.
Against non-conference foes, the Cornhuskers passed for 263.0 yards per game and rushed for 139.7 per game on their way to 31.7 points per outing. When playing just Big 10 opponents, the offense recorded 23.8 points per game by averaging 282.3 passing yards and 96.8 rushing yards. The Cornhuskers defense allowed 33.0 PPG to non-conference foes and 37.6 to Big 10 teams in 2017..
Colorado Buffaloes at Nebraska Cornhuskers Free Pick
SU Winner: Colorado, ATS Winner: Colorado, O/U: Under
Team Betting Trends
- The Buffaloes O-line gave up 39 sacks last season. Their defense created 19 sacks.
- The Cornhuskers offensive line gave up 24 sacks last year. Their defense sacked opposing signal-callers 14 times,
- The Buffaloes created 17 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Cornhuskers put up 13 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Buffaloes registered 3.8 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 5.2 to opponents.
- The Cornhuskers rushed for 3.5 yards per carry last season and gave up a YPC of 5.6 to opponents.
- The Buffaloes put up 19 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Cornhuskers converted 23 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Colorado D has 3 sacks on the year while Nebraska has zero.