The Ball State Cardinals (+34) are set to face off against the No. 12 Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Notre Dame Stadium. This key afternoon matchup is scheduled to get underway at 3:30 p.m. ET and NBC has the TV rights.
Betting Preview: Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Ball State Cardinals
Notre Dame is heavily favored in this matchup and is currently giving up 34 points to Ball State. Vegas has determined the over/under (O/U) to be 61 points, and some good in-game betting opportunities may exist during this contest.
Early action has slanted to the over, as the game’s over/under was placed initially at only 59.
The Cardinals have gained 1.0 unit so far in 2018 and are 1-0 against the spread (ATS). The team’s posted an O/U mark of 0-0.
The Fighting Irish have gained 1.4 units this season. The team is 1-0 ATS and has an O/U record of 0-1.
The Cardinals have gone 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Fighting Irish are also 1-0 SU.
The Cardinals are hoping to remain undefeated following a 42-6 win over Central Connecticut State last week in which the Cardinals completed 28-of-36 passes for 336 yards and three touchdowns. Riley Neal went 23-for-30 for 259 yards and two touchdowns while Drew Plitt completed five-of-six for 77 yards and one touchdown. James Gilbert (100 rushing yards on 14 attempts, one TD) and Markice Hurt Jr. (43 yards on 10 carries) led the ground attack while Justin Hall (five receptions, 38 yards) and Riley Miller (four catches, 65 yards) shared the receiving duties in the win.
Notre Dame just earned a 24-17 win over Michigan. Brandon Wimbush completed 12-of-22 passes for 170 yards, one touchdown and one interception. Wimbush (59 rushing yards on 19 attempts) and Jafar Armstrong (35 yards on 15 carries, two TDs) spearheaded the running game while Chase Claypool (three receptions, 47 yards) and Chris Finke (three catches, 55 yards, one TD) led the pass-catching corps in the win..
Ball State Cardinals at Notre Dame Fighting Irish Free NCAA Betting Tip
SU Winner: Notre Dame, ATS Winner: Ball State, O/U: Under
Team Betting Notes
- The Notre Dame defense has sacked opposing quarterbacks three times this year. Ball State has registered 1 sacks.
- The Notre Dame offense has lost zero fumbles this season while Ball State has lost one,
- The Cardinals created 15 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Fighting Irish put up a whopping 35 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Cardinals offensive line gave up 33 sacks last season. Their defense created 24 sacks.
- Fighting Irish quarterbacks were sacked 29 times last year. Their defense forced 24 sacks,
- The Cardinals only recorded 11 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Fighting Irish put up 20 passing touchdowns last season.