The Virginia Cavaliers and Indiana Hoosiers are set to square off on the turf at Memorial Stadium. Big Ten Network will broadcast the action and the matchup is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Betting Preview: Indiana Hoosiers vs. Virginia Cavaliers
In this Saturday game, Indiana has been projected as the favorite and the team’s currently giving up 5 points. The Cavaliers are also receiving +180 moneyline odds while the Hoosiers are -220. There will likely be some good live betting scenarios for this contest.
The early action has leaned in favor of the Cavaliers, as the opening line was -7,
The Cavaliers are 1-0 against the spread (ATS) and have gained 1.0 unit so far in 2018. The team’s posted an Over-Under mark of 0-0.
The Hoosiers have gained 1.0 unit for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 0-1 ATS and own an O/U record of 1-0.
The Cavaliers have gone 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Hoosiers are also 1-0 SU.
The Wahoos are looking to remain undefeated following a 42-13 victory over Richmond last week. Bryce Perkins completed just 13-of-24 passes for 185 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. Jordan Ellis (146 yards on 20 rush attempts, two TDs) and the signal-caller Perkins (108 yards on 13 carries, two TDs) led the running attack. Olamide Zaccheaus (six receptions, 101 yards, one TD) and Hasise Dubois (three catches, 36 yards, one TD) handled the receiving duties in the win.
Indiana just earned a 38-28 win over FIU. As a group, the Hoosiers collectively completed 28-of-37 passes for 252 yards, four touchdowns and one interception. Peyton Ramsey went 20-for-27 for 156 yards, three touchdowns and one interception while Michael Penix Jr. was eight-of-10 for 96 yards and one touchdown. Stevie Scott (70 rushing yards on 20 attempts) led the running game as Luke Timian (six receptions, 50 yards) and Ty Fryfogle (five catches, 33 yards) led the pass-catching corps in the win..
When these two schools faced one another last year, Indiana earned the win 34-17.
Virginia Cavaliers at Indiana Hoosiers Free NCAA Betting Tip
SU Winner: Virginia, ATS Winner: Virginia
Team Betting Notes
- Virginia was favored by 15 points in its last game. The team covered the spread in the 42-13 victory over Richmond.
- Both teams have yet to lose a fumble this year,
- In its last three matches, Virginia is 1-2 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- Indiana was the underdog by 13 points in its last outing and the O/U was set at 55.5. The over cashed and Indiana covered in that 38-28 triumph over FIU.
- In its last three games, Indiana is 1-2 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- The Cavaliers offense gave up 31 sacks last season. Their defense created 28 sacks.
- The Hoosiers O-line gave up 29 sacks last season. Their defense logged 35 sacks.
- The Virginia defensive unit has sacked opposing quarterbacks 2 times this season. Indiana has registered one sacks.