The Fresno State Bulldogs and Minnesota Golden Gophers are set to collide on the turf at TCF Bank Stadium. The game gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET and FS1 is in line to broadcast the action.
Betting Preview: Minnesota Golden Gophers vs. Fresno State Bulldogs
Fresno State is playing the role of underdog and is currently getting 3 points in this game. The Bulldogs are also receiving +120 moneyline odds while the Golden Gophers are -140. It appears that there should be some solid in-game betting opportunities for this showdown.
The opening line was initially set at -2.
The Bulldogs are 1-0 against the spread (ATS) and have gained 0.0 units so far. The team’s posted an O/U record of 0-0.
The Golden Gophers have gained 0.0 units for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 1-0 ATS and own an O/U record of 1-0.
The Bulldogs are 1-0 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Golden Gophers are also 1-0 SU.
The Bulldogs are looking to stay undefeated following a 79-13 win over Idaho last week where Marcus McMaryion completed 19 passes on 26 attempts for 207 yards. Saevion Johnson (45 rushing yards on 10 attempts, two TDs) led the ground attack while Johnson (six receptions, 118 yards) and Jared Rice (five catches, 56 yards) handled the receiving duties in the win.
Minnesota just picked up a 48-10 win over New Mexico State. The defense held its territory in the victory, keeping the Aggies to just 233 passing yards and 38 yards on the ground. Johnathan Boone had a good showing in the loss for New Mexico State, recording 67 yards and a score on eight catches. For Minnesota, Zack Annexstad completed 16-of-33 passes for 220 yards and two touchdowns. Rodney Smith (153 rushing yards on 24 attempts) and Mohamed Ibrahim (101 yards on 9 carries) handled the running game as Tyler Johnson (five receptions, 100 yards, two TDs) and Rashod Bateman (five catches, 52 yards) led the pass-catching attack in the win..
Fresno State Bulldogs vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers Free NCAA Betting Tip
SU Winner: Minnesota, ATS Winner: Minnesota
Team Betting Notes
- The Minnesota offense has lost one fumble this season while Fresno State has yet to lose any,
- The Bulldogs offensive line yielded 10 sacks last season. Their defense created 34 sacks.
- Golden Gophers quarterbacks were sacked 22 times last year. Their defense got to opposing quarterbacks 23 times,
- The Bulldogs created 22 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Golden Gophers put up 20 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Bulldogs put up 4.2 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 3.4 to opponents.
- The Golden Gophers registered 4.2 yards per carry last season and allowed 4.9 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Bulldogs logged 19 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Golden Gophers only put up nine passing touchdowns last season.
- The Minnesota D has created four sacks on the year while Fresno State has 1.