The No. 13 Stanford Cardinal (-4) are set to welcome their in-conference nemesis No. 15 USC Trojans at Stanford Stadium. The game gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET and FOX is scheduled to broadcast the action.
Betting Preview: USC Trojans vs. Stanford Cardinal
USC is projected as the underdog and is currently getting 4 points in this early-edition Pac-12 game. The Trojans are also receiving +155 moneyline odds while the Cardinal are -175. Some good in-game betting scenarios should exist during the showdown, and oddsmakers have placed the over/under (O/U) at 54.5 points.
This game’s line opened at -4. The over/under has yet to change after it was set initially at 54.5.
The Trojans have gained 0.0 units so far in 2018 and are 0-1 against the spread (ATS). The team has posted an O/U record of 1-0.
The Cardinal are up 1.0 unit for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 1-0 ATS and have an O/U record of 0-1.
The Trojans have gone 1-0 straight up (SU) and they haven’t faced any Pac-12 competition yet. The Cardinal are 1-0 SU overall and are also 0-0 SU in conference play.
The Trojans are looking to stay undefeated following a 43-21 victory over UNLV last week in which JT Daniels completed 22-of-35 passes for 282 yards and one touchdown. Aca’Cedric Ware (100 rushing yards on 10 attempts, one TD) and Stephen Carr (54 yards on nine carries) mounted the running attack while Amon-Ra St. Brown (seven receptions, 98 yards, one TD) and Tyler Vaughns (four catches, 37 yards) handled the receiving duties in the win.
Stanford just earned a blowout 31-10 win over San Diego State. The team’s defensive unit allowed the Aztecs to run for 150 yards on 37 rush attempts, along with one rushing TD. Juwan Washington was on a different level for San Diego State, putting up 158 rushing yards and a score on 24 attempts. For Stanford, K.J. Costello completed 21-of-31 passes for 332 yards, four touchdowns and one interception. Bryce Love (29 yards on 18 rush attempts) handled the running game while JJ Arcega-Whiteside (six receptions, 226 yards, three TDs) and Trenton Irwin (five catches, 31 yards) led the pass-catching corps in the win.
USC Trojans at Stanford Cardinal NCAA Tip
SU Winner: Stanford, ATS Winner: Stanford, O/U: Over
Team Betting Trends
- USC was favored by 25 points in its last game and the O/U was set at 58.5. The over cashed and USC failed to cover in the 43-21 victory over UNLV.
- Both teams have yet to lose a fumble this season.
- Stanford was favored by 15 points in its last outing and the O/U was 48.5. The under cashed and Stanford covered in the team’s 31-10 win over San Diego State.
- The Trojans created 29 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Cardinal put up a whopping 31 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Trojans logged 4.8 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 4.4 to opponents.
- The Cardinal recorded 5.9 yards per carry last season and gave up a YPC of 4.6 to opponents.
- The Trojans put up 26 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Cardinal logged 23 passing touchdowns last season.
- Each team defense has recorded five sacks this season.