The New Mexico State Aggies and Utah State Aggies are set to go at it on the turf at Merlin Olsen Field at Maverik Stadium. The game is scheduled to kick off at 8:00 p.m. ET and STAD,FCBK has the TV rights.
Betting Preview: Utah State Aggies vs. New Mexico State Aggies
Utah State has been tabbed as the heavy favorite and is currently giving up 24 points to New Mexico State. Oddsmakers have set the over/under (O/U) at 57.5 points. If one team can catch a lucky break early, it would likely create a nice betting opportunity in-game.
Odds have moved slightly from when they were originally posted. The line opened at -21 and the game’s O/U was initially placed at 58.
New Mexico State has lost 1.0 unit so far and is 0-2 against the spread (ATS). The team has posted an O/U record of 1-1.
Utah State is 1-0 ATS and has an O/U record of 1-0. The team has gained 0.0 units this season.
New Mexico State has gone 0-2 straight up (SU) in 2018 while the Aggies are 0-1 SU.
These two teams faced off last year with the final outcome being a 26-20 win for New Mexico State.
New Mexico State is most-recently looking to bounce back after a 48-10 defeat to Minnesota last week. Matt Romero completed just 29 passes on 58 attempts for 233 yards, along with a TD and an interception. Romero (24 rushing yards on 14 attempts) also spearheaded the running attack. Johnathan Boone (eight receptions, 67 yards) and Drew Dan (six catches, 61 yards) handled the receiving duties in the defeat.
Utah State just fell 38-31 to Michigan State. Jordan Love completed 29-of-44 passes for 319 yards and two interceptions. Darwin Thompson (28 yards on 10 rush attempts, two TDs) led the running game as Dax Raymond (seven receptions, 76 yards) and Nathan (four catches, 64 yards) led the pass-catching corps in the loss.
New Mexico State Aggies vs. Utah State Aggies Free Pick
SU Winner: Utah State, ATS Winner: New Mexico State, O/U: Under
- Neither team has lost a fumble this year.
- Utah State was favored by 24 points in its previous game and the Over/Under going into it was 51.5. The over cashed and Utah State did not cover in that 38-31 defeat to Michigan State.
- New Mexico State created 18 rushing touchdowns last season.
- Utah State put up 24 rushing touchdowns last season.
- New Mexico State put up 3.9 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 4.2 to opponents.
- Utah State tallied 4.6 yards per carry last season and allowed a YPC of 4.5 to opponents.
- The New Mexico State offense yielded 32 sacks last season. Its defense created 45 sacks.
- Utah State offense gave up 28 sacks last year. Its defense logged 24 sacks.
- New Mexico State logged 29 passing touchdowns last season.
- Utah State recorded 17 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Utah State defense has sacked opposing QBs three times this season. New Mexico State has produced 0 sacks.