The Kentucky Wildcats and Florida Gators are ready to face off on the grass of Florida Field at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. This SEC game starts at 7:30 p.m. ET and fans can watch the action on SEC Network.
Betting Preview: Kentucky Wildcats vs. Florida Gators
Kentucky is playing the role of underdog and is currently getting 15 points in this early-season SEC game. The Wildcats are also receiving +510 moneyline odds while the Gators are -750. If one team can catch a lucky break in the early stages, it’ll probably generate a nice live betting opportunity.
The line opened at -14 but ,
The Wildcats have gained 1.0 unit so far and are 0-1 against the spread (ATS). The team’s posted an O/U record of 1-0.
The Gators have gained 0.0 units for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 1-0 ATS and have an O/U record of 0-0.
The Wildcats are 1-0 straight up (SU) and they haven’t faced any SEC competition yet. The Gators are 1-0 SU overall and are also 0-0 SU in conference play.
When these two squads met last year, Florida earned the win 28-27.
The Wildcats are looking to remain unbeaten after a 35-20 victory over Central Michigan last weekTheir defense allowed the Chippewas to run for 118 yards on 39 rush attempts, along with one rushing TD. Cameron Cole had a good day for the Chippewas in that one with 51 yards on four catches. On the offensive side of the ball, the Wildcats completed 15-of-27 passes for 128 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions. Terry Wilson went 11-for-18 for 78 yards and two interceptions while Gunnar Hoak completed four-of-nine for 50 yards and one touchdown. Benny Snell (125 yards on 20 rush attempts, two TDs) led the ground attack. Lynn Bowden (five receptions, 17 yards) and David Bouvier (three catches, 48 yards, one TD) shared the receiving duties in the win.
Florida is coming off of a 53-6 win over Charleston Southern. The defense allowed the Buccaneers to rush for 222 yards on 43 attempts, along with one rushing TD. Ronnie Harris was a bright spot in the defeat, posting 83 rushing yards on eight attempts for Charleston Southern. For Florida, Feleipe Franks completed 16-of-24 passes for 219 yards and five touchdowns. Dameon Pierce (73 yards on 9 rush attempts) mounted the running game as Van Jefferson (four receptions, 34 yards, two TDs) and Trevon Grimes (three catches, 50 yards, one TD) led the pass-catching attack in the win..
Kentucky Wildcats at Florida Gators NCAA Prediction
SU Winner: Florida, ATS Winner: Florida
Team Betting Trends
- Kentucky was favored by 17 points in its last game and the O/U was set at 50.5. The over cashed and Kentucky did not cover in the 35-20 victory over Central Michigan.
- The Florida offense has lost zero fumbles this season while Kentucky has lost two,
- In its last three contests, Kentucky is 1-2 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- Florida was favored by -43 points in its previous outing. The team covered the spread in the team’s 53-6 win over Charleston Southern.
- In its last three games, Florida is 1-2 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- The Wildcats created 27 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Gators put up 15 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Wildcats registered 4.3 yards per carry last season while allowing 4.9 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Gators registered 4.3 yards per carry last season and gave up 4.2 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Wildcats offensive line gave up 31 sacks last season. Their defense created 30 sacks.
- The Gators offensive line allowed 37 sacks last season. Their defense sacked opposing quarterbacks 23 times,
- Both of these teams recorded exactly 10 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Florida defense has sacked opposing QBs three times this season. Kentucky has registered 2 sacks.