Offense meets defense when the Fort Wayne Mastodons (3-1) head to Kentucky to take on the No. 8 Wildcats (4-1). Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. Kentucky Wildcats Odds Preview
The Mastodons were victorious over the UIC Flames in their last game, 67-51. Bryson Scott was the games leading scorer with 19 points on 6-for-18 shooting. Fort Wayne dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.1 (below their season average of 38.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.385 (below their season average of 0.557). UIC had marks of 23.1 and 0.286, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Wildcats last game, they defeated the Troy Trojans, 70-62. Kentucky received a boost from Kevin Knox, who was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Kentucky played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 38.5 (above their season average of 37.1) and a free throw rate of 0.254 (above their season average of 0.209). Troy recorded marks of 13.6 and 0.188, respectively, for those same stats.
This battle figures to be a high-scoring affair as two of the nations best offenses clash. Dating back to last season, Kentucky ranks 34th with 113.5 points per 100 possessions and Fort Wayne is 22nd (114.8).
Fort Wayne Mastodons at Kentucky Wildcats Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kentucky, ATS Winner – Kentucky, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mastodons rank 44th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Wildcats rank 138th (3.4).
- Fort Wayne ranks 66th in rebounds per game (38.0) while Kentucky ranks 154th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- Fort Wayne ranks 11th in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while Kentucky ranks 241st (19.0).
- The Wildcats rank 49th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while the Mastodons rank 239th (14.2).
- Kentucky ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Fort Wayne ranks 184th (6.4).