The Indiana Hoosiers (6-5) will be at home in Assembly Hall when they square off against the Fort Wayne Mastodons (7-5). Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Monday, December 18, 2017.
Fort Wayne Mastodons vs. Indiana Hoosiers Betting Preview
The Mastodons defeated the Stetson Hatters in their last outing, 88-84. Bryson Scott was the top scorer from either team with 34 points on 12-for-24 shooting. Fort Wayne played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4 (below their season average of 33.2) and a free throw rate of 0.317 (above their season average of 0.211). Stetson was 11.4 and 0.279, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Hoosiers played, they topped the No. 18 Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 80-77. With 34 points on 13-for-17 shooting, Juwan Morgan was the top scorer from either team. Indiana played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.3 (below their season average of 33.4) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.564 (above their season average of 0.525). Notre Dame was 22.5 and 0.475, respectively, for those same stats.
It will be a battle of opposite paces as the up-tempo Mastodons will look to push the more methodical Hoosiers. The Mastodons rank 23rd in possessions per game while the Hoosiers are 290th.
Morgan has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Indiana, averaging 15.4 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Mastodons won the only contest played against each other last season, 71-68. Fort Wayne had a much better turnover percentage (9.5 vs. 17.6). Indiana, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.177 vs. 0.055).
Fort Wayne Mastodons at Indiana Hoosiers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Fort Wayne, ATS Winner – Fort Wayne, O/U – Under
- The Mastodons rank 47th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while the Hoosiers rank 128th (13.6).
- Fort Wayne averages 38.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 72nd in the NCAA. Indiana ranks 81st in rebounds allowed per game (33.4).
- Fort Wayne ranks 14th in three pointers attempted per game (28.4) while Indiana ranks 223rd (18.8).
- The Mastodons rank 24th in steals per game (8.6) while the Hoosiers rank 168th (5.4).
- Indiana ranks 33rd in blocks per game (5.0) while Fort Wayne ranks 140th (2.8).
- The Hoosiers have been outscored by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 0.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Mastodons have scored an average of 85.0 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed anaverage of 76.4 points per game (1.5 above their season average).