A10 foes will clash when the VCU Rams (8-5) clash against the Fordham Rams (5-5) at Stuart Siegel Center. Action starts at 12:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Network.
Fordham Rams vs. VCU Rams ATS Preview
In Fordham’s last outing, they fell to the No. 10 West Virginia Mountaineers, 86-69. Fordham’s Joseph Chartouny contributed 16 points and six rebounds in the game. West Virginia had an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.2 (above their season average of 36.9). Fordham, on the other hand, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (16-19; 84.2 percent).
VCU comes in on a high note after beating the VMI Keydets in its last matchup, 75-65. With 19 points on 8-for-14 shooting, Justin Tillman was the top scorer from either team. VCU had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.553 vs. 0.427), while VMI had a free throw rate of 0.194 (below their season average of 0.246).
Tillman has taken his game to another level over the last five games for VCU, averaging 23.6 points and 8.4 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. Fordham won the lone game played against each other last season, 69-67. Fordham had 12 offensive rebounds and 37 total rebounds, while VCU had six and 30, respectively.
Fordham Rams at VCU Rams Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – VCU, ATS Winner – VCU, O/U – Under
- Fordham ranks 43rd in three pointers allowed per game (19.1) while VCU ranks 133rd (22.0).
- VCU ranks 98th in rebounds per game (37.2) while Fordham ranks 261st (30.0).
- Fordham averages 10.8 steals per game, which ranks fourth in the nation. VCU ranks 120th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- VCU ranks 80th in assists per game (15.3) while Fordham ranks 193rd in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- VCU’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 3.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, Fordham has scored an average of 66.4 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.0 points per game (1.7 above their season average).