The Fordham Rams (9-17, 4-10 A10) and the Davidson Wildcats (15-10, 10-4 A10), who both like to play patient, will clash at Belk Arena. Davidson is an 18.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 136.5 points. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 21, 2018.
Fordham Rams vs. Davidson Wildcats Odds Preview
The Rams were beaten by the Dayton Flyers in their last game, 80-70. Joseph Chartouny had a good game for Fordham, leading both teams in scoring with 28 points on 9-for-18 shooting. Dayton did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (13-17; 76.5 percent). Fordham, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.3 (above their season average of 18.6).
In the Wildcats’ last matchup, they topped the Massachusetts Minutemen, 83-78. With 38 points on 13-for-21 shooting, Peyton Aldridge was the game’s high scorer. Davidson dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.429 (above their season average of 0.165) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.4 (below their season average of 23.0). Massachusetts put up marks of 0.131 and 8.8, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams face off. Davidson ranks 331st in possessions per game (65.8) and Fordham is 303rd (66.8). Furthermore, the Rams rank 344th in offensive rebounding percentage (19.0 percent), while the Wildcats rank seventh in defensive rebounding percentage (77.6 percent).
Of Fordham’s 22 games with betting action, 11 have finished under the O/U total, while 14 of Davidson’s 24 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Wildcats have a significant advantage. They are 15-10 SU and 13-10-1 ATS, while the Rams are 9-17 SU and 7-15 ATS.
Aldridge has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Davidson, averaging 19.8 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 120 points, well under the projected point total of 136. The Wildcats won 75-45, covering as 8-point favorites. The Wildcats dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 32.1 and a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 8.1. For those same stats, the Rams were 14.8 and 16.5, respectively. In the victory, Jon Axel Gudmundsson led all scorers with 18 points.
Fordham Rams at Davidson Wildcats Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Davidson, ATS Winner – Davidson, O/U – Under
- The Rams rank 44th in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while the Wildcats rank 175th (22.5).
- Davidson ranks 21st in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Fordham ranks 83rd (3.2).
- On the road, Fordham is 4-7 ATS with 6 overs and 5 unders.
- At home, Davidson is 5-4 ATS with 5 overs and 4 unders.
- Davidson ranks 26th in rebounds allowed per game (31.3) while Fordham ranks 274th (38.6).
- The Wildcats rank 12th in assists per game (17.3) while the Rams rank 252nd in assists allowed per game (16.1).
- Fordham ranks sixth in steals per game (9.3) while Davidson ranks 206th (5.0).
- Davidson is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Fordham is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.2, up from 8.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rams have scored an average of 64.4 points per game (1.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (0.3 above their season average).