The Fordham Rams (9-19, 4-12 A10) will travel to Charles E. Smith Center to square off with the George Washington Colonials (13-16, 6-10 A10) in their home finale. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 129 points with George Washington opening as a 9-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Fordham Rams at George Washington Colonials ATS Preview
The Rams were beaten by the La Salle Explorers in their last contest, 73-60. Will Tavares had a solid game for Fordham, leading the team in scoring with 19 points on 7-for-12 shooting. La Salle had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.5 (above their season average of 25.4). Fordham, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.7 vs. 17.5).
In the Colonials’ last matchup, they were beaten by the Saint Louis Billikens, 62-53. With 14 points and 16 rebounds, Arnaldo Toro had a good outing for George Washington. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Saint Louis’ largest strengths. They made 31 trips to the line, while George Washington went 19 times.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams clash. George Washington ranks 326th in possessions per game (65.7) and Fordham is 305th (66.6). Also, the Rams, who rank 324th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.191), could have a difficult time getting to the line against the Colonials, who rank 43rd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.193).
Of Fordham’s 24 games that accepted bets, 13 have finished under the projected point total, while 13 of George Washington’s 25 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Colonials have a substantial advantage. They are 13-16 SU and 10-15 ATS, while the Rams are 9-19 SU and 7-17 ATS.
Yuta Watanabe has been on fire over the last five games for George Washington, averaging 21.4 points, 8.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year. The Colonials won the lone contest played against each other last season, 67-66. Getting to the free throw line was one of George Washington’s largest strengths. They had 26 free throw attempts, while Fordham had just five.
Fordham Rams at George Washington Colonials Odds Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – George Washington, ATS Winner – Fordham, O/U – Under
- The Rams rank fifth in steals per game (9.3) while the Colonials rank 142nd (6.0).
- George Washington ranks 117th in assists allowed per game (13.1) while Fordham ranks 252nd (15.9).
- Fordham is 4-8 ATS on the road with 6 overs and 6 unders.
- At home, George Washington is 7-5 ATS with 8 overs and 4 unders.
- Fordham ranks 47th in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while George Washington ranks 278th (17.6).
- The Colonials rank 97th in rebounds allowed per game (33.6) while the Rams rank 277th (38.6).
- George Washington ranks 22nd in blocks per game (5.0) while Fordham ranks 184th (2.5).
- George Washington is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Fordham is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Colonials have outscored opponents by an average of 9.0 points in their last five games. For the season, George Washington has been defeated by an average of 3.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Rams have scored an average of 63.4 points per game (1.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (1.9 above their season average).