The No. 9 Florida State Seminoles (21-11) square off against the No. 1 Xavier Musketeers (29-5) in the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament at Bridgestone Arena. Action gets underway at 8:40 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 18, 2018.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Xavier Musketeers Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Musketeers had no trouble getting past the No. 16 Texas Southern Tigers 102-83, while the Seminoles defeated the No. 8 Missouri Tigers 67-54.
Florida State played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.9 (better than their season average of 15.4) and a free throw rate of 0.367 (above their season average of 0.247). Missouri was 21.6 and 0.286, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Xavier’s offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over Texas Southern. The Musketeers had a rate of 31.3 (above their season average of 30.0), while the Tigers posted a mark of 22.0 (below their season average of 28.7). J.P. Macura played well for Xavier, recording 29 points, six rebounds and five steals. Florida State, meanwhile, was lifted by Mfiondu Kabengele, who had 14 points and 12 rebounds.
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as two of the NCAA’s top offenses go head-to-head. Xavier ranks ninth with 117.5 points per 100 possessions and Florida State is 55th (111.9).
Florida State Seminoles vs. Xavier Musketeers Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Xavier, ATS Winner – Xavier, O/U – Under
- Florida State ranks 132nd in three pointers attempted per game (22.5) while Xavier ranks 289th in three pointers allowed per game (25.9).
- The Musketeers rank 20th in rebounds allowed per game (31.2) while the Seminoles rank 164th (35.0).
- Florida State ranks 84th in steals per game (6.8) while Xavier ranks 181st in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Seminoles rank 59th in assists per game (15.3) while the Musketeers rank 210th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- Florida State averages 5.2 blocks per game, which ranks 16th in the nation. Xavier ranks 163rd in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- During their last five games, the Seminoles have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (9.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (2.2 above their season average).
- The Musketeers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 10.1 for the season.