The No. 9 Florida State Seminoles (20-11), 1-point favorites, go head-to-head against the No. 8 Missouri Tigers (20-12) in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament at Bridgestone Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 147.5 points and it is scheduled to start at 9:50 p.m. ET on Friday, March 16, 2018.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Missouri Tigers ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Tigers lost a tough one against the Georgia Bulldogs, 62-60, while the Seminoles fell to the Louisville Cardinals, 82-74.
Florida State had a better free throw rate (0.197 vs. 0.127) while Missouri had a turnover percentage of 9.2 (better than their season average of 18.7). Jontay Porter had a solid game for Missouri with 20 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Florida State was led by Trent Forrest, who recorded 14 points, six assists and five rebounds.
Missouri figures to have an edge on the offensive glass in this matchup. The Tigers currently rank 83rd in offensive rebounding percentage (31.7 percent), while Florida State ranks 248th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.9 percent). Contrasting paces will be on display in this matchup. The up-tempo Seminoles rank 44th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Tigers rank 302nd.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Missouri Tigers Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Florida State, ATS Winner – Florida State, O/U – Under
- Missouri ranks 71st in three pointers attempted per game (24.2) while Florida State ranks 227th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- The Seminoles rank 87th in steals per game (6.7) while the Tigers rank 162nd in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Missouri ranks 88th in rebounds per game (37.0) while Florida State ranks 159th in rebounds allowed per game (34.9).
- The Seminoles average 5.2 blocks per game, which ranks 18th in the nation. The Tigers rank 137th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Missouri ranks 29th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while Florida State ranks 108th (12.8).
- During their last five games, the Seminoles have scored an average of 76.4 points per game (5.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 80.2 points per game (5.7 above their season average).
- The Tigers have been outscored by an average of 1.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Missouri has defeated opponents by an average of 5.2 points.