The No. 3 Michigan Wolverines (31-7) will be 4.5-point favorites in the Elite Eight at Staples Center when they take on the No. 9 Florida State Seminoles (23-11). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 143 points and action starts at 8:49 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 24, 2018.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Michigan Wolverines Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Wolverines won big over the No. 7 Texas A&M Aggies 99-72, while the Seminoles beat the No. 4 Gonzaga Bulldogs 75-60.
The Seminoles held the Bulldogs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.381 (below their season average of 0.575) and had a free throw rate of 0.259 (above their season average of 0.253). The Wolverines, meanwhile, had 12 steals, while the Aggies had a free throw rate of 0.075 (below their season average of 0.216). Michigan’s Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman had a solid performance, putting up 24 points, seven assists and five rebounds. Florida State rallied around Terance Mann, who recorded 18 points and five rebounds.
This contest figures to be a high-scoring affair as a pair of the NCAA’s top offenses battle. Michigan ranks 31st with 113.7 points per 100 possessions and Florida State is 59th (111.7). Opposite styles will be on display in this contest. The fast-paced Seminoles rank 49th in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Wolverines rank 331st.
Vegas tends to set the total low when the Seminoles are involved, as 56.3 percent of their games have gone over the total. Florida State heads into the game with records of 23-11 straight up (SU) and 16-13-3 against the spread (ATS).
A little over half of Wolverines games have finished over the projected point total. Moreover, Michigan is 31-7 SU and 24-13 ATS.
Trent Forrest has really been playing well recently for Florida State, averaging 13.6 points, 6.0 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 2.4 steals over the last five games.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Michigan Wolverines Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Michigan, ATS Winner – Michigan, O/U – Over
- Michigan ranks seventh in three pointers allowed per game (16.4) while Florida State ranks 205th (22.9).
- The Wolverines rank third in steals allowed per game (4.1) while the Seminoles rank 98th (5.8).
- Michigan ranks 14th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while Florida State ranks 90th (12.5).
- The Seminoles rank 67th in rebounds per game (37.8) while the Wolverines rank 255th (33.4).
- Florida State ranks 14th in blocks per game (5.3) while Michigan ranks 154th (3.1).
- The Seminoles average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.8, down from 7.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wolverines have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 62.4 points per game (0.9 below their season average).