The No. 9 Florida State Seminoles (22-11), 5-point underdogs, meet the No. 4 Gonzaga Bulldogs (32-4) in the Sweet Sixteen at Staples Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 154 points and action starts at 9:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 22, 2018.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Bulldogs defeated the No. 5 Ohio State Buckeyes 90-84, while the Seminoles beat the No. 1 Xavier Musketeers 75-70.
Florida State’s turnover percentage was their largest strength over Xavier. The Seminoles had a rate of 17.8 (worse than their season average of 15.4), while the Musketeers posted a mark of 22.4 (above their season average of 15.2). Meanwhile, Gonzaga played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 43.3 (above their season average of 32.8) and a free throw rate of 0.328 (above their season average of 0.223). For those same stats, Ohio State had marks of 23.5 and 0.197, respectively. Zach Norvell Jr. put together a good outing for Gonzaga with 28 points and 12 rebounds. Braian Angola had a good game for Florida State, recording 15 points and six rebounds.
This meeting figures to be a shootout as two of the nation’s top offenses face off. Gonzaga currently ranks fourth with 120.4 points per 100 possessions and Florida State is 59th (111.9).
Of the Seminoles’ 31 games that accepted bets, 18 have finished over the total. Florida State heads into the contest with records of 22-11 straight up (SU) and 15-13-3 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Florida State, just over half of Bulldogs games have finished under the total. Moreover, Gonzaga is 32-4 SU and 15-18 ATS.
Zach Norvell Jr. has been playing at a high level recently for Gonzaga, averaging 15.6 points over the last five games.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Gonzaga, ATS Winner – Gonzaga, O/U – Under
- Gonzaga averages 39.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 14th in the nation. Florida State ranks 160th in rebounds allowed per game (34.9).
- The Bulldogs rank 23rd in assists allowed per game (10.9) while the Seminoles rank 102nd (12.6).
- Gonzaga ranks 26th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Florida State ranks 98th (5.8).
- The Bulldogs average 24.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 75th in the NCAA. The Seminoles rank 208th in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
- Florida State ranks 17th in blocks per game (5.2) while Gonzaga ranks 100th (3.7).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 80.6 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.2 points per game (1.3 below their season average).
- The Seminoles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 7.4 for the season.