The Boston College Eagles (9-7, 0-4 ACC) welcome the 11th-ranked Florida State Seminoles (13-4, 1-3 ACC) to Silvio O. Conte Forum. The Eagles will attempt to put an end to their five-game losing streak. The game will air on ESPNU at 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 20, 2019.
Florida State Seminoles at Boston College Eagles ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Eagles fell to the Louisville Cardinals, 80-70, while the Seminoles were defeated by the Pittsburgh Panthers, 75-62.
Florida State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.9 vs. 29.4) while Boston College had a better turnover percentage (15.5 vs. 15.0). Boston College was lifted by Ky Bowman, who put up 14 points, 13 rebounds and seven assists. Meanwhile, Trent Forrest fueled Florida State with 19 points and nine rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, the Seminoles won 85-76. Florida State’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Boston College. The Seminoles had a rate of 0.258, while the Eagles posted a mark of 0.185. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
The physical Boston College offense might be getting to the foul line a lot in this meeting. The Eagles currently rank 33rd in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.291, while Florida State ranks 326th in FTA rate allowed (0.293).
Florida State Seminoles at Boston College Eagles Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Boston College, ATS Winner – Florida State, O/U – Over
- Florida State ranks 40th in rebounds allowed per game (31.9) while Boston College ranks 212th (37.2).
- The Seminoles rank 26th in steals per game (8.5) while the Eagles rank 161st (5.6).
- The Seminoles rank 15th in assists allowed per game (10.2) while the Eagles rank 184th (14.7).
- Florida State ranks 96th in three pointers allowed per game (21.5) while Boston College ranks 238th (26.1).
- The Eagles have been outscored by an average of 10.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Boston College has defeated opponents by an average of 1.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Seminoles have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (8.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (2.7 above their season average).