Florida State Seminoles vs. Florida Gators Free Preview
The Seminoles were victorious over the Rutgers Scarlet Knights in their last contest, 78-73. CJ Walker was the games leading scorer with 24 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Florida State played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 14.5) and a free throw rate of 0.345 (above their season average of 0.123). For those same stats, Rutgers had marks of 16.1 and 0.250, respectively.
The last time the Gators played, they were beaten by the No. 1 Duke Blue Devils, 87-84. Jalen Hudson was Florida’s high scorer with 24 points on 10-for-20 shooting. Duke did a terrific job of making free throws (19-20; 95.0 percent). Florida, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (10.1 vs. 14.8).
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as two of the nation’s best offenses battle. Florida ranks 27th with 114.5 points per 100 possessions and Florida State is 20th (115.5) since last season.
The Seminoles have had records of 29-8 straight up (SU) and 21-16-1 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Florida State games have had a tendency to go over the O/U total since last season (55.3 percent).
The Gators, on the other hand, have records of 29-9 SU and 23-16-1 ATS since last season. Games featuring Florida have had a slight tendency to finish over the projected point total over that same period (52.6 percent).
The Seminoles won the lone contest against the Gators last season, 83-78. One of Florida State’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They made 33 trips to the line, while Florida went 25 times.
Florida State Seminoles at Florida Gators Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida, ATS Winner – Florida State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Seminoles average 5.3 blocks per game, which ranks 13th in the NCAA. The Gators rank 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7).
- Florida State allows the 34th-fewest steals per game (5.1) while Florida ranks 45th (5.3).
- Florida ranks 41st in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while Florida State ranks 180th (21.6).
- The Seminoles average 38.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 65th in the NCAA. The Gators rank 177th in rebounds allowed per game (35.2).
- Florida ranks eighth in assists allowed per game (10.3) while Florida State ranks 81st (12.0).