ACC foes will clash when the Boston College Eagles (12-6, 2-3 ACC) clash against the No. 23 Florida State Seminoles (13-4, 2-3 ACC) at Silvio O. Conte Forum. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 154 points with Florida State set as a 3-point favorite. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 15, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Boston College Eagles Betting Preview
The Seminoles were victorious over the Syracuse Orange in their last matchup, 101-90. Braian Angola-Rodas was Florida State’s high scorer with 24 points on 6-for-16 shooting. Florida State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.4 (better than their season average of 16.2) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.1 (above their season average of 35.6). For those same stats, Syracuse recorded marks of 18.5 and 35.7, respectively.
In the Eagles last matchup, they beat the Dartmouth Big Green, 86-72. With 19 points on 7-for-14 shooting, Ky Bowman was the top scorer from either team. The Eagles held the Big Green to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.9 (below the 28.3 mark opponents have averaged against Boston College this season) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.661 (above their season average of 0.519).
Boston College may have difficulty getting to the foul line in this contest. The Eagles currently rank 288th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.205, while Florida State ranks 85th in FTA rate allowed (0.203).
Of Florida State’s 15 games that accepted bets, eight have finished over the O/U total, while 6 of Boston College’s 12 games have finished over the projected point total. The Seminoles hold a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 13-4 SU and 9-4-2 ATS, while the Eagles are 12-6 SU and 6-6 ATS.
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Seminoles, it’s been Angola-Rodas, who has averaged 17.2 points and 1.8 steals, while the Eagles have gotten solid contributions from Jerome Robinson (21.4 points, 3.2 assists and 1.2 steals).
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Seminoles won the sole contest last season, 104-72. The Seminoles dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.1 and an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.625. For those same stats, the Eagles were 16.9 and 0.463, respectively.
Florida State Seminoles at Boston College Eagles ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida State, ATS Winner – Florida State, O/U – Over
- The Seminoles rank 33rd in assists per game (16.9) while the Eagles rank 125th (13.9).
- Florida State ranks 18th in blocks per game (5.5) while Boston College ranks 82nd (3.8).
- Florida State is 5-2-1 ATS on the road with 4 overs and 4 unders.
- At home, Boston College is 4-2 ATS with 4 overs and 2 unders.
- Florida State ranks 55th in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while Boston College ranks 240th in three pointers allowed per game (25.4).
- The Seminoles rank 35th in steals per game (7.9) while the Eagles rank 200th (4.5).
- Boston College averages 38.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 48th in the NCAA. Florida State ranks 186th in rebounds allowed per game (36.8).
- Boston College is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Florida State is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Eagles have been outscored by an average of 3.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Boston College has defeated opponents by an average of 5.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Seminoles have scored an average of 83.6 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 84.6 points per game (14.0 above their season average).