The Florida A&M Rattlers (1-9), who are currently riding a five-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they head to Hawkins Arena to take on the Mercer Bears (5-4). Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Florida A&M Rattlers at Mercer Bears Odds Preview
The last time the Rattlers played, they got blown out by the Murray State Racers, 80-59. Desmond Williams put together a solid game for Florida A&M, leading both teams in scoring with 22 points on 10-for-19 shooting. Murray State’s 6.3 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Florida A&M, who had a rate of 17.4. The Racers mark was better than their season average of 17.6.
The Bears are hoping for a better outcome after their 83-81 loss to the Memphis Tigers in their last outing. Stephon Jelks was Mercer’s high scorer with 17 points on 5-for-9 shooting. Memphis had a turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 17.6). Mercer, meanwhile, made 12 of their 27 three pointers (44.4 percent).
The productive offense of Mercer will battle against the porous defense of Florida A&M. Dating back to last season, the Bears rank 53rd in offensive efficiency, while the Rattlers are 322nd in defensive efficiency. The Bears should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Florida A&M Rattlers vs. Mercer Bears Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida A&M, ATS Winner – Florida A&M, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bears rank 133rd in assists per game (14.1) while the Rattlers rank 254th (11.9).
- Florida A&M ranks 161st in blocks per game (3.2) while Mercer ranks 241st (2.3).
- Mercer ranks 17th in rebounds allowed per game (31.0) while Florida A&M ranks 313th (40.6).
- The Bears rank 64th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Rattlers rank 237th (7.2).
- Mercer ranks 143rd in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while Florida A&M ranks 288th (17.7).