The Howard Bison (10-22, 7-9 MEAC) and the Florida A&M Rattlers (8-24, 7-9 MEAC) clash in the Mid-Eastern Conference Tourney at Norfolk Scope Arena. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 6, 2018.
Florida A&M Rattlers vs. Howard Bison Free Preview
In the Rattlers last matchup, they fell to the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats, 89-77. Marcus Barham had a solid performance for Florida A&M, leading both teams in scoring with 28 points on 9-for-18 shooting. Bethune-Cookman did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (22-26; 84.6 percent). Florida A&M, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 9.7 (better than their season average of 17.9).
The Bison hope to maintain momentum after topping the Coppin State Eagles in their last outing, 78-71. Howard’s RJ Cole led the way, recording 25 points, 10 assists and six rebounds. Howard dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 43.2 (above their season average of 28.5) and a free throw rate of 0.138 (below their season average of 0.248). Coppin State recorded marks of 23.7 and 0.111, respectively, for those same stats.
Barham has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Florida A&M, averaging 18.0 points per game.
These two teams have already met twice this season, each winning once. Desmond Williams scored a game-high 33 points in the most recent matchup, in which the Rattlers lost 83-80. The Bison played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 34.1 and a turnover percentage of 12.3. For those same stats, the Rattlers were 27.8 and 14.0, respectively.
Florida A&M Rattlers vs. Howard Bison Odds Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Howard, ATS Winner – Howard, O/U – Over
- Howard ranks 106th in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while Florida A&M ranks 264th (18.2).
- The Bison rank 162nd in rebounds per game (34.8) while the Rattlers rank 278th in rebounds allowed per game (38.9).
- Florida A&M ranks 179th in assists allowed per game (14.0) while Howard ranks 250th (15.7).
- The Bison’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.0, down from 6.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rattlers have scored an average of 70.0 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (3.7 below their season average).