The Florida A&M Rattlers (1-12), who are currently on an eight-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they visit McCamish Pavilion to go head-to-head against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (4-4). Georgia Tech opened as a 22-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 126 points. Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 17, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Florida A&M Rattlers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Free Preview
In the Rattlers last matchup, they were blown out by the Southern University Jaguars, 68-50. Isaiah Martin had a solid game for Florida A&M, recording seven points, 13 rebounds and six blocks. Southern University forced the Rattlers into a turnover percentage of 30.3 (above their season average of 19.7). Florida A&M, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.311 (above their season average of 0.171).
The Yellow Jackets are trying to rebound after their 63-60 loss to the Wofford Terriers in their last game. Tadric Jackson led Georgia Tech in scoring with 26 points on 11-for-15 shooting. Wofford had a turnover percentage of 8.5 (better than their season average of 21.6). Georgia Tech, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.631 (above their season average of 0.458).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Georgia Tech figures to have a significant edge. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Yellow Jackets defense ranks 40th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.458), while the Florida A&M offense ranks 337th in effective field goal percentage (0.466). Moreover, the Rattlers rank 327th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.226), while the Yellow Jackets rank 57th in opponents FTA rate (0.193).
Georgia Tech is 4-4 SU and 2-3 ATS. Of the Yellow Jackets five games with betting action, four have finished under the projected point total.
Florida A&M Rattlers at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgia Tech, ATS Winner – Florida A&M, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Yellow Jackets rank 154th in rebounds per game (35.6) while the Rattlers rank 237th (34.3).
- Florida A&M ranks 254th in three pointers attempted per game (17.9) while Georgia Tech ranks 281st (14.3).
- Georgia Tech ranks 81st in assists per game (15.2) while Florida A&M ranks 246th (12.0).
- The Yellow Jackets average 5.9 blocks per game, which ranks 12th in the NCAA. The Rattlers rank 169th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Georgia Tech ranks 99th in steals per game (6.6) while Florida A&M ranks 189th in steals allowed per game (7.2).