The Ball State Cardinals (8-4) look to prolong their seven-game winning streak against the stumbling Florida A&M Rattlers (1-14) at John E. Worthen Arena. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017.
Florida A&M Rattlers vs. Ball State Cardinals Betting Preview,
The Rattlers were beaten by the Fordham Rams in their last game, 79-69. With 18 points on 6-for-13 shooting, Desmond Williams was Florida A&M’s high scorer. One of Fordham’s biggest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 15-18 (83.3 percent), while the Rattlers were just 9-16 (56.3 percent).
In the Cardinals last game, they beat the Jackson State Tigers, 70-54. With 11 points on 4-for-7 shooting, Kyle Mallers was Ball State’s high scorer. Ball State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.283 (above their season average of 0.261) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 25.8). Jackson State recorded marks of 0.052 and 21.1, respectively, for those same stats.
Florida A&M Rattlers vs. Ball State Cardinals Betting Prediction,
Predictions: SU Winner – Ball State, ATS Winner – Ball State, O/U – Over
- The Cardinals rank 85th in blocks per game (3.8) while the Rattlers rank 139th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Ball State averages 5.6 steals per game, which ranks 145th in the NCAA. Florida A&M ranks 174th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- Ball State ranks 68th in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while Florida A&M ranks 246th (17.5).
- The Cardinals rank 97th in assists per game (14.8) while the Rattlers rank 212th in assists allowed per game (15.7).
- Ball State ranks 127th in rebounds per game (36.4) while Florida A&M ranks 235th (32.7).
- The Cardinals average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.6, up from 2.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rattlers have scored an average of 65.2 points per game (3.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 81.8 points per game (2.5 above their season average).