The Florida A&M Rattlers (1-7) can end a seven-game road losing streak when they square off with the Texas Longhorns (4-2) at Frank Erwin Special Events Center. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
Florida A&M Rattlers vs. Texas Longhorns ATS Preview
The Rattlers were beaten by the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks in their last matchup, 79-63. With 26 points on 7-for-13 shooting, Marcus Barham was the top scorer from either team. Stephen F. Austin forced the Rattlers into a turnover percentage of 30.2 (above their season average of 20.5). Florida A&M, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (20-24; 83.3 percent).
In the Longhorns last game, they were topped by the No. 17 Gonzaga Bulldogs, 76-71. Matt Coleman led Texas in scoring with 19 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Gonzaga had a free throw rate of 0.228 (above their season average of 0.228). Texas, meanwhile, held the Bulldogs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.9 (below their season average of 38.3).
Texas could have their way on defense as they face off against one of the worst offenses in the nation. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Longhorns rank 49th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.472), while Florida A&M is 329th in effective field goal percentage (0.464).
Florida A&M Rattlers at Texas Longhorns Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas, ATS Winner – Texas, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Longhorns rank 204th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0) while the Rattlers rank 318th (40.7).
- Texas ranks 160th in steals allowed per game (6.3) while Florida A&M ranks 248th (7.1).
- Texas ranks 66th in assists allowed per game (11.8) while Florida A&M ranks 241st (14.5).
- The Longhorns rank 127th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6) while the Rattlers rank 274th (23.8).
- Texas ranks 41st in blocks per game (4.7) while Florida A&M ranks 160th (3.3).