The Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (5-19, 1-8 MEAC), who are currently on a seven-game skid, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Florida A&M Rattlers (4-21, 3-6 MEAC) to William P Hytche Athletic Center. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 5, 2018.
Florida A&M Rattlers vs. Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks Betting Preview
The Rattlers lost a close one to the Howard Bison in their last game, 83-80. With 33 points on 13-for-22 shooting, Desmond Williams was the games high scorer. Howard had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.1 (above their season average of 26.7). Florida A&M, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (17-22; 77.3 percent).
In the Hawks last game, they were topped by the Coppin State Eagles, 71-68. Logan McIntosh was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 8-for-16 shooting. Coppin State did a great job of getting and making free throws (19-24; 79.2 percent). Maryland Eastern Shore, on the other hand, forced the Eagles into a turnover percentage of 17.3 (above the 13.4 mark opponents have averaged against Maryland Eastern Shore this season).
It will be a showdown of opposite paces as the fast-paced Rattlers (ranked 99th in the nation in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Hawks (308th in possessions per game).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Rattlers, it’s been Williams, who has averaged 22.6 points and 6.4 rebounds, while the Hawks have received great contributions from McIntosh (14.4 points and 5.2 assists).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Hawks won the sole contest last season, 86-79. The Hawks played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.2 and a turnover percentage of 14.3. For those same stats, the Rattlers were 17.1 and 17.3, respectively.
Florida A&M Rattlers at Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks Free Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Florida A&M, ATS Winner – Florida A&M, O/U – Under
- Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 81st in three pointers attempted per game (23.7) while Florida A&M ranks 233rd (18.5).
- The Rattlers rank 242nd in rebounds per game (32.7) while the Hawks rank 270th in rebounds allowed per game (39.4).
- Florida A&M ranks 233rd in assists allowed per game (15.3) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 261st (16.5).
- The Hawks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.4, down from 16.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rattlers have scored an average of 84.0 points per game (15.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 86.0 points per game (4.6 above their season average).