The Coppin State Eagles (0-17, 0-2 MEAC) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first victory when they challenge the Florida A&M Rattlers (2-16, 1-1 MEAC) at Physical Education Complex. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, January 8, 2018.
Florida A&M Rattlers at Coppin State Eagles Free Preview
The Rattlers lost big to the Morgan State Bears in their last matchup, 87-68. Florida A&M’s Marcus Barham put together a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 22 points on 8-for-16 shooting. Morgan State made good use of their 28 trips to the free throw line, converting on 23 of them (82.1 percent). Florida A&M, on the other hand, was just 14-20 (70.0 percent).
In the Eagles last game, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Savannah State Tigers, 80-71. Lamar Morgan was the games high scorer with 26 points on 10-for-17 shooting. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Savannah State’s largest advantages. They had 27 free throw attempts, while Coppin State had 18.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Rattlers won the lone game played against each other last season, 54-53. The Rattlers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.311 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.7. For those same stats, the Eagles were 0.130 and 22.0, respectively.
Florida A&M Rattlers at Coppin State Eagles Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida A&M, ATS Winner – Florida A&M, O/U – Over
- Coppin State ranks 24th in three pointers attempted per game (27.2) while Florida A&M ranks 240th (17.6).
- The Rattlers rank 199th in rebounds allowed per game (37.3) while the Eagles rank 268th (44.4).
- Florida A&M ranks 248th in assists per game (10.8) while Coppin State ranks 257th (9.7).
- The Eagles average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 17.8, down from 21.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rattlers have scored an average of 65.8 points per game (3.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.2 points per game (0.1 below their season average).